Scrum Master at Home Point Financial
Virtual Req #515
Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At Home Point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Scrum Master is a servant-leader responsible for helping their respective technical teams maintain high quality and effective work through all phases of the project lifecycle. The Scrum Master is focused on supporting their team/s to ensure the highest level of performance, which includes working to remove blockers to progress, facilitating meetings, helping to ensure product backlogs are perfected and ready for future sprints, etc. This position is responsible for the successful use of Home Point’s scrum agile process, in addition to current technologies used to develop modern, scalable, solutions serving our business in the mortgage finance industry. The Scrum Master will collaborate with Scrum Masters of other teams to ensure that we are operating efficiently and effectively as one organization.
- Model the behaviors of a lean-agile leader and help teams self-organize using agile principles and practices to meet their delivery objectives. Foster a positive team atmosphere that embodies Home Point’s We Care philosophy and promotes camaraderie and high achievement for all team members
- Guide teammates and projects and act as a mentor and coach on working in an agile team and build strong relationships with technology and business partners.
- Organize and facilitate all scrum ceremonies, including backlog refinement, sprint planning sessions, daily standups, and sprint retrospectives. Conduct release planning and other longer range planning activities and meetings.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition, and sizing. Identify and remove any impediments/distractions that interfere with the team’s ability to deliver against their commitments
- Participate proactively in the continuous improvement of Home Point’s standards, tools, and best practices. Coaches team(s) in their application.
- Provide transparent status reporting on the team’s activities and projects, assist and occasionally lead internal/external communication activities
- Use available metrics to help team identify improvement opportunities
- Responsible for escalation of issues and identification and management of project risks that impact scrum team members
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as Scrum Master, leading technical teams in delivering high quality digital solutions. Certified Scrum Master is strongly preferred.
- Advanced Certified Scrum Master or SAFe certification a plus
- Strong moderation, facilitation, coaching, presentation, communication, and conflict management skills
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in a broad spectrum of technology areas
- Experience working with an agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise.
- Experience with high availability requirement production software applications
- Experience successfully working with geographically dispersed teams
- Mortgage industry and/or Financial Services experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of development theories, principles, and practices
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements
- Ability to work directly with Home Point’s internal business customers via email, meetings and phone calls
- Experience with distributed source control tools, defect tracking tools, and Agile tooling (TFS, Jira, VersionOne etc.)
- Ability to mentor and lead other members of department as well as analysts in the business units
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence multiple levels in the organization.
- Must have experience working with geographically distributed teams.
Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!