Work from home anywhere in the US, except from WA, OR, CA, MA, RI, VT, HI, CO, MD, NY, AZ or CT, nor in Chicago, Minneapolis, or Washington D.C.
Scribe Team Specialist
The iScribes business at Nuance has excellent career opportunities available now. We are looking for candidates with a positive attitude and a desire to work in a team environment. Join Nuance and become an integral part of a growing organization that is uniquely built around our customers and employees.
We have immediate openings for remote Team Specialists in the Strategic Initiatives Department of the iScribes business in the areas of Dermatology, Otolaryngology, and Ophthalmology.
Multiple part-time positions available! Work from home anywhere in the US, except from WA, OR, CA, MA, RI, VT, HI, CO, MD, NY, AZ or CT, nor in Chicago, Minneapolis, or Washington D.C.
We have immediate openings for remote Team Specialists in the Strategic Initiatives Department of the iScribes business. The Team Specialist reports directly to a Business Lead or Operations Associate and is responsible for scribing for multiple medical providers in any of the following specialties: Dermatology, Otolaryngology, and/or Ophthalmology. This position is crucial in supporting our rapid customer growth in the specialties mentioned above. As a skilled and versatile scribe, you will regularly save the day for your team by helping out with uncovered shifts, including supporting the onboarding of new customers.
After an initial 2.5 weeks of job essentials training (20 hrs/week), the Team Specialist will become a Virtual Medical Scribe on a part-time basis. Upon proficiency as a scribe, they will then move onto their role as Team Specialist (35+ hrs/week).
The position is remote. Team Specialists work from home anywhere in the US except CA, CO, ME, MA, NY, OR, WA, or in the cities of Chicago, IL, Minneapolis, MN, or Washington D.C.
Pay starts at $11/hour.
- Achieve advanced scribing proficiency by completing the new scribe training program and then cross-training on a variety of physicians, primarily in Dermatology, Otolaryngology, and/or Ophthalmology.
- Provide virtual scribing coverage for a variety of customers, which involves listening to audio recordings of patient clinic visits and summarizing medical facts in professional clinical reports.
- Achieve proficiency in navigating EMRs and entering clinical reports and data directly into customer EMRs.
- Assist with various tasks needed to support successful team operations, including assisting with the training of new scribes, reviewing work prepared by other scribes and documenting workflows and processes.
Proficient Team Specialists will receive opportunities for continued training and career growth with elevated responsibilities on their team.
Candidates desiring to grow into a management role with greater customer interaction are strongly encouraged to apply. We hope to internally promote high achieving, fully-trained Team Specialists to management positions within the department.
- Successful completion of the Candidate Assessment.
- You must reside and be authorized to work in the United States.
- You must work in a secure and private location on a computer with a reliable high-speed internet connection.
- All candidates must provide their own computer and have the most up-to-date version of Google Chrome.
- Past work experience in the medical specialties of Dermatology, Otolaryngology, and/or Ophthalmology.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to understand diverse accents and dialects of physicians, their staff and patients.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Excellent professional writing skills, including advanced proficiency in English grammar and spelling.
- Ability to speak, read and write the English language fluently.
- Ability to type at least 60 words per minute.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities.
- Enthusiasm for continued learning with the ability to self-teach new skills, information, and terminology.
- Proficiency in the Google suite of products, specifically Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Hangouts.
- Ability to work during regular business hours in EST and to work outside of regular business hours as needed to meet customer deadlines.
- Proficiency with one or more Electronic Medical Records.
- Past remote work experience.
- Past experience supervising, leading, managing and/or training a team of professionals in a dynamic work environment.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5000 Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.