Scientist, Cancer Biology at Foundation Medicine
Scientist, Cancer Biology, ex-US
Job Location Remote
Department Medical Affairs
ABOUT FOUNDATION MEDICINE
Foundation Medicine, Inc. (FMI) began with an idea—to simplify the complex nature of cancer genomics, bringing cutting-edge science and technology to everyday cancer care. Our approach generates insights that help doctors match patients to more treatment options and helps accelerate the development of new therapies. Foundation Medicine is the culmination of talented people coming together to realize an important vision, and the work we do every day impacts real lives.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Scientist, Cancer Biology, ex-US serves as a scientific communicator in support of scientific and educational outreach activities undertaken by FMI. These include but are not limited to participation in molecular tumor boards (MTB), support of publications, and communication related to collaborations with other departments across the company; namely, the Marketing, Legal, Regulatory and Sales departments. This position is responsible for the analysis and interpretation of genomic alterations, the support of science material in Marketing, the explanation of biological and clinical insights from our test reports to external medical teams, and various projects guided by the Medical Affairs lead. Scientist, Clinical Development works in an environment with the presence of chemicals and reagents.
- Prepare, research, summarize, and discuss genomic findings for chosen clinical cases during molecular tumor boards.
- Explain complex biological processes and genomic alterations to diverse stakeholders, including those without molecular biology or bioinformatics expertise.
- Interpret genomic results within the context of tumor biology and precision medicine and serve as a genomics expert during the MTBs.
- Perform independent molecular information analyses.
- Develop scientific materials to support scientific exchange.
- Provide scientific and genomic expertise to client accounts and external collaborators at times when advanced knowledge is required.
- Collaborate with Commercial and Marketing Teams to provide scientific support for internal and external activities and to identify methods for optimally communicating scientific insights.Other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate Degree in Cancer Biology, Genomics or a life science.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong background in cancer biology, translational medicine, targeted therapeutics, or large-scale genomic data analysis.
- Experience working with data from clinical trials, personalized medicine studies or publicly available sequencing datasets, such as The Cancer Genome Atlas or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly distill clear, complete, and succinct summaries from complex and potentially contradictory scientific literature sources.
- Ability to perform careful, detail-oriented work under deadline pressure.
- Work experience involving scientific and/or medical communications.
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing principles and their application to precision medicine.
- Ability to incorporate complex genomic and clinical data and clearly explain to diverse audience.
- Prior experience working with Protected Health Information and/or communicating with practicing oncologists.
- Unsurpassed reliability, high ethical standards, meticulous attention to details, and unparalleled integrity.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI’s EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement . If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form . (EOE/AAP Employer)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!