Scheduling Specialist at Pinion Global
- United States; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Amarillo, Texas; Atlanta, Georgia; Bozeman, Montana; Chico, California; Des Moines, Iowa; Fresno, California; Houston, Texas; Indianapolis, Indiana; Lenexa, Kansas; Loveland, Colorado; Franklin, Tennessee; Orlando, Florida; Sacramento, California; St. Paul, Minnesota; Wichita, Kansas
- FW Scheduling
KCoe Isom is now Pinion!
New name. New logo. Same mission.
Through the name Pinion, we strengthen our commitment to making a difference in the lives we touch and the world we live in. As a specialized consulting firm, we bring an unprecedented level of resources, innovations, and solutions on a global scale. Just as a pinion gear system drives motion, we deliver powerful strategies and thought leadership that drives your business and legacy forward.
The Scheduling Specialist will effectively fill resource project requests and is responsible for overseeing the utilization of resources, ensuring alignment of resources with the Firm’s strategic plan, and facilitating the development of staff in the functions and markets they support. The Specialist will act as a resource and the main point of contact for Service Leaders, Project Leaders, and Staff within their Mega Market.
What you’ll be doing:
- Interact with market leaders and staff to understand scope of project work, identify needed resources, and determine staff assignments.
- Monitor schedules daily to ensure staff are effectively utilized to support the achievement of financial plans for the business by reviewing available resources and facilitating necessary adjustments ensuring the alignment of resources based on experience, industry, technical expertise, and geography when appropriate.
- Make decisions on staffing issues by working with all levels within the engagement team to find solutions for workload balancing and accommodation of client due dates.
- Act as a resource and point of contact to mediate scheduling conflicts that develop and resolve resource needs.
- Generate scheduling, utilization and forecasting reports as needed.
- Monitor productivity, scheduling conflicts, team leverage, availability, travel, and non-charge hours.
- Monitor preparer pools and workflow of projects and clients.
- Collaborate with client project teams to understand their business needs and ensure Firm scheduling processes and protocols are being followed.
- Ensure compliance with leadership’s priorities around capacity, client needs/budgets, engagement profitability, growth, and staff development.
- Work directly with Resource Leader, Talent Advisors, Technical Mentors, and staff regarding productivity, training, staffing issues and other concerns.
- Assist in the development and implementation of scheduling process improvements and provide information for short-term and longer-term strategic decisions. Implements strategies to increase market specialization and achieve business goals.
- Communicate with Resource Leader regarding future needs versus availability, potential staffing issues, and other information to allow the effective deployment of resources.
- Proof, edit and check work for completeness, accuracy and formatting. Verify that scheduling, reporting and other related information is current and accurate.
What you’ll need for this position:
- 2+ years of resource management or client services experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Tax/Audit scheduling experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate both written and verbally with diverse audiences at all levels of the organization
- Effective organization and time management and ability to manage multiple tasks at once with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to respond positively to changing and urgent circumstances, seek and implement change to drive business improvement, serve as a change advocate
- Critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- Process driven and ability to help train/drive/develop processes to create unity and consistency across all offices within various functions and markets
- Conflict resolution skills, including the abilities to negotiate and influence others
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with larger teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
What’s in it for you:
- Remote, hybrid or in-office work environment
- Firm wide influence, fulfillment, and a collaborative team approach
- A people-centered culture with fun included among our core firm values
- Robust training and development program designed to help you discover your distinct abilities and use them to grow yourself and the firm
- Pinion offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, profit sharing, paid holidays, flexible work arrangements, and paid leave
In some states and municipalities, Pinion is required by law to include a reasonable estimate for range of compensation. When making compensation decisions, Pinion takes into account a variety of factors including but not limited to experience, skills, certifications/licenses, and geographic location. The wide range for this role reasonably accounts for these factors. Specific compensation decisions are made based on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $21 – 35/hour.