Who We Are
CollegeVine is the leading provider of virtual guidance for high school students. Our services include high school guidance, test prep tutoring, and college applications advising. We’re in the business of changing life trajectories and have already reached thousands of families. We hope you’ll join us.
Why Work For Us?
Competitive Pay. We attract the best talent possible and pay our SAT Tutors competitively with a starting rate of $25 per hour. Potential increases and bonuses are based on excellent service delivery.
Make a Difference. You’ll build close bonds with your students throughout your time working together; and there is no better feeling than seeing your students reach their dreams.
Build Your Resume. Working at CollegeVine is like a crash course in professional skill development across project management, client service, and mission-driven execution. Our employees continue on to work at McKinsey, Google, and SpaceX; others move into social work and education. Some even continue building their careers at CollegeVine. Just like the students we serve, our goal is to help position you for success in your career.
What You’ll Do
SAT Tutors play a central role in the service delivery of CollegeVine’s SAT Tutoring program ensuring students achieve their best on the test, as well as beyond. They provide clients with 1-1 support through our robust, in-house curriculum and testing preparation.
- Learn and implement CollegeVine’s SAT curriculum,
- Participate in a paid training period (~3-5 hours) to prepare for work with clients
- Meet with clients consistently until the entire SAT course is covered
- Work with at least 6-8 clients (~20 hours per week)
- Respond to all client and CollegeVine communications within 24 hours of being received
- Participate in team initiatives to help support test prep program
This position will report to a Division Manager and will receive evaluations from clients and managers.
The SAT Tutor role is both challenging and rewarding. Due to the nature of our work at CollegeVine, we require that SAT Tutors meet the following qualifications:
- Be a current undergrad (sophomore, junior, or senior), graduate student, or alum at one of the following schools: Amherst, Boston College, Boston University, Brandeis, Brown, CalTech, Carleton, Case Western, Carnegie Mellon, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Davidson, Duke, Emory, Georgia Tech, Georgetown, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Northeastern, Northwestern, Notre Dame, NYU, Pepperdine, Pomona, Princeton, RPI, Rice, Stanford, Swarthmore, Tufts, Tulane, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UCLA, UC Irvine, UC San Diego, UC Santa Barbara, UChicago, U Florida, U Georgia, U Illinois – Champaign Urbana, U Michigan, UNC-Chapel Hill, UPenn, U Texas – Austin, U Rochester, USC, U Virginia, U Wisconsin – Madison, Vanderbilt, Villanova, Wake Forest, WashU, Wellesley, William and Mary, Williams, Yale.
- Ability to commit to working 15-20 hours per week – your schedule will depend on student availability, but will generally be evenings and weekends
- Flexible schedule
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent grammar, reading, & math skills
- Strong customer service intuition
- Experience in teaching, advising or mentoring is required
- A resume that details your GPA, course work, any standardized test scores (Old SAT, New SAT, ACT, SAT IIs, APs, IBs etc.), extracurriculars, and any other relevant information about your experiences.
- Any relevant, previous tutoring, coaching, or advising experience should be included in your resume as applicable.
- We are looking to hire the highest-caliber and most qualified tutors. As a result, tutors should show excellent results on the SAT.
- Flexible working hours. Part of the position is being able to meet with clients (possibly in other time zones) as per their convenience. Having the flexibility in your schedule to meet client demands within 48-hours is a critical part of this job.
- Willingness and ability to market the CollegeVine brand to fellow students in your area (encourage them to apply) as well as to family members and friends who are potential customers.