Salesforce Developer at American Red Cross
Title: Salesforce Developer
Location: United States
The work location for this exciting opportunity is virtual. The selected candidate will work 100% remotely from home and can be located anywhere in the United States. (9:30am EST daily stand up calls)
About the job:
The Salesforce Developer will be working closely with other developers to ensure all code is consistent with architectural standards and design for the Humanitarian Services Group. This position is part of a collaborative team, responsible for understanding business requirements, LOE estimation, custom development and maintenance of code, code review, updating of technical documentation, and writing unit test scenarios.
The Salesforce Developer has the skills and experience in declarative and programmatic capabilities (Apex, Lightning Flows and Visualforce) of the Salesforce Platform and data modeling to develop complex business logic and interfaces. You will be responsible for successful delivery of both enhancement and run & maintain projects.
What you will be doing:
• Develop Apex (classes and triggers), Lightning pages, Lightning Web components, Visualforce (based on specific requirements) to extend Salesforce as needed
• Develop and maintain Lightning Flows
• Develop Salesforce Integrations using APIs, Webservices, etc.
• Build custom Force.com applications.
• Adhere to Salesforce best practices, maintain code documentation, and write/maintain test classes to ensure coverage for all custom development
• Troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
• Actively participate in design and sprint planning sessions, offering relevant solutions and input.
• Estimate level of effort for stories and/or epics based on business requirements and knowledge of the platform.
• Participate actively in all Scrum events.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Scope: Individual contributor that works under limited supervision. Apply subject matter knowledge. Capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge.
Qualified candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. The American Red Cross does not sponsor employment visas.
What we need from you:
• Overall, 7 years development experience with minimum 3 years of experience as a Salesforce developer required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• Salesforce Platform Developer I certification is required
• Proficient in Lightning Flows
• Extensive development experience with Apex Classes/Controllers, Apex Triggers, Visualforce
• Web Services development or experience with the Salesforce APIs (REST/SOAP/Bulk, etc.)
• Experience with Lightning Web components, DevOps Tools like GIT, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, etc.
• Understanding of the Salesforce product suite including Salesforce1, Service Cloud, Experience Cloud (Communities) and AppExchange solutions
• Demonstrated understanding of the capabilities and constraints of Salesforce applications required.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communications skills
• Ability to work extended hours/on call support as needed to support any major outages, especially during Hurricane season.
Our Commitment to COVID-19 Safety: The American Red Cross requires all new hires be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of Employment, except in states where it is prohibited by law. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment or seek an exemption. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation at the time of offer and your request must be approved prior to hire.
What’s in it for you:
For those candidates located in Colorado, New York or Connecticut, the annual salary range for this position is $110K – $120K. We do not offer an annual bonus for this role. Note that the American Red Cross sets salary ranges aligned to a specific geographic location in which the job or employee resides. The stated salary range in this posting is an average and may not be reflective of your individual circumstances. We will review specific salary information at the time of phone screening based upon your location.
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work, retirement, getting healthy and more. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance and learn.
• Stay Healthy: Medical, Dental, Vision Plans
• Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
• Relax with Time Away: PTO + Holidays
• Save for your Future: 401K with up to 4% Match
• Employee Assistance: 24/7 Mental Health Resources
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and Recognition: 1 year + 5 year
• Career Development: Pay for Performance, Ongoing Education