Sales Enablement Associate at Customer.io
Hi, I’m Alex, Sr. Sales Enablement Manager at Customer.io!
We’re looking for someone to join our sales development team to help us grow our library of sales enablement materials.
As a Sales Enablement Associate, you will help the sales team drive the value of Customer.io home to prospects and leads evaluating our platform. In addition to showcasing the features and services that we have to offer, you’re going to identify business pain points and create compelling content that influences engagement and buying decisions throughout the sales funnel.
While your work will be seen and used in various departments across the organization, your role is crucial to acquiring new customers. As a distributed company, we strongly value effective communication skills, project management, and creative thinkers.
What you’ll do…
- Identify where there are holes in our sales enablement materials and fill them with fresh new content that speaks to leads considering making the switch to Customer.io.
- Converse with customers to uncover how they are finding value and success with Customer.io.
- Produce new content that effectively tells our customer’s stories to establish an additional layer of confidence for both our leads and existing customer base.
- Verify we are accurately and most deliberately representing Customer.io as a powerful automated messaging tool for growth-minded businesses in our sales and marketing materials.
- Collaborate with cross-departmental teams to learn, share, and promote new platform and product improvements, offerings, and services.
We’re looking for someone who…
- Has excellent written communication skills and a desire to continually improve their skills.
- Enjoys talking to people and has exceptional storytelling skills.
- Takes the initiative to research, plan, and execute projects from start to completion.
- Makes strategic decisions in an empathetic and respectful way.
- Documents their thought process to help others understand how and why they landed on the final outcome.
- Ability to deliver high quality enablement materials within a short turnaround time.
- Preferably has a background in marketing automation or has work experience with a similar platform.
- Has published content, blogs, or articles accessible for review.
- Available to collaborate with team members in the US Eastern Timezone for at least 4 hours each day.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,400 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a salary range of $64,000 – $72,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO – we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you’d prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year – we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to Apply:
Apply at the link below by 5pm PST on Monday, April 5 and tell us why you’re interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by April 9 with a status update about your application.
Here’s what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with Symone, Recruiting Manager
- 45 minute video call with Alex H, Senior Sales Enablement Manager
- Take Home Assignment
- 45 minute video call – project review with Alex, Cody (Sales Development Team Lead), and Lacey (Director of Sales Development)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!