Sales Director, Retail Partnerships at SPINS
Title: Sales Director, Retail Partnerships
- Location: Remote
Who We Are
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What You Will Do
Reporting to the Vice President of Retail and Channel Partnerships for SPINS, the Sales Director, Retail Partnerships is responsible for successfully executing the sales process to generate revenue growth through initiation and development of business opportunities with new retailers.
You will be responsible for delivering the overall retail recruitment team sales goals. To achieve your targets, you will actively direct the activities of our sales force and incorporate your insights of the retail landscape into your team’s sales approach. To succeed, you will leverage your strong leadership skills to support the growth of each team member and the retail recruitment team overall. You should have the ability to establish strong communication link and credibility with customers, prospects, and management team. In addition, you will lead quarterly business reviews, assess rep performance consistently and measure responsibility.
- Drive all new Retailer client acquisitions across all of SPINS
- Develop and execute strategic plans for targeting prioritized opportunities
- Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts and reports to inform management of strategic decision making and to reflect appropriate management of the territory and sales pipeline
- Ensure a smooth handover of newly won accounts to the Account Management team for post-sale onboarding
- Create and embed framework for identifying business development opportunities in partnership with senior management team
- Enable data-driven decision making by providing insights & recommendations to improve the Retailer recruiting process
- Conduct statistical studies and prepare regular summary reports that measure performance outcomes and return on investment of time invested
- Conduct market research and analysis to specify market requirements that meet short- and long-term goals
- Develop and implement sales plans in collaboration with marketing to support the organization’s products and services
- Establish overall team and individual sales performance goals in support of the organization’s strategic sales and revenue objectives
- Adjust team assignments and sales territory plans as necessary to ensure goals are met
- Guide and mentor team members in assessing difficult situations, resolving customer service problems, adjusting approaches and strategies, and monitoring outcomes
- Facilitate team effectiveness through individual coaching and regularly monitoring performance
- Manage sales quota and achievement
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration or a related field with 6-10 years of experience in complex, dynamic settings
- Min of 4 years high-level team management experience which includes funnel management, reporting, quota management, compensation plan management
- Professional sales training experience with commitment to sales methodologies
- Exceptionally high level of problem-solving and analytical abilities necessary to organize, plan and direct activities and operations
- High level of communication skills necessary to present a vision for business growth, to deal effectively in person and in writing with a wide variety of influential persons inside and outside the organization, and to provide appropriate leadership to assigned subordinates
- Strong revenue forecasting ability and rigor
- Immaculate organizational skills
- Knowledge of retail and CPG industries preferred
When we began working remotely a year ago due to COVID, we committed to keeping our healthy and active SPINS culture. This remained a high priority for us as we grew our employee population by nearly 20% while we worked remotely. We listen to employee feedback as we plan when and how we will return to the office in the future. For now, we can’t have some of our favorite in-office perks (plenty of snacks, onsite gym, and bike storage), we’ve continued to find ways to stay true to SPINS:
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, and Kinstretch classes each week
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- Stay connected with other SPINS employees for a weekly PELOTON ride together
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
The SPINS Way
- Direct We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!