Sales Development Representative
- Stamford, CT
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Protegrity is at an important moment in our history.
Our culture is a mixture between a well-established company with a 15-year history developing industry leading data security software solutions; combined with a startup environment focused on innovation and continuous iteration and process improvements to allow us to reach and deliver better business outcomes for our customers.
Our customers make up some of the world’s largest and most well-respected companies who trust Protegrity to protect their most sensitive data.
Now it’s time to scale.
- The Enterprise Business Development Specialist will work directly with our experienced sales team having the opportunity to learn the tricks of the (Enterprise Software Sales) trade while also making an invaluable contribution: create quality pipeline by uncovering real problems we can solve for at our prospective customers — and then aligning our solutions to their key corporate initiatives.
- The ideal candidate is seeking to jumpstart or re-invigorate their career by aligning their work into two of the world’s hottest industries: data & cybersecurity.
- Prior industry experience isn’t required but a genuine appetite for learning, innovating, and geeking out about business technology is critical.
- There is significant room for growth and intercompany mobility as Protegrity expands.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial enviroment
- A focus on continuous iteration and improvement
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills as you’ll be working with various departments from inside the organization (colleagues) and outside the company (prospects)
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Technical aptitude – you can learn new programs and have a knack for picking them up quickly
A day in the life…
Here’s a good look at the day in the life of a Sales Development Specialist… although at Protegrity you can work from our offices (Stamford, CT & Milpitas, CA) or work remotely.
- You’ll work directly with the sales team strategizing and then executing outbound lead generation efforts (calls, emails, LinkedIn messages) to key prospects at target accounts held together and organized by our www.Outreach.io sales engagement tool that sits on top of CRM.
- In addition to collaboration with the sales team – you’ll also partner with Protegrity’s marketing organization by assisting in executing touch points and follow ups for our online and other marketing campaigns.
- The overall objective: to pique the interest of the right prospects from the right accounts into meeting with our sales team; you’ll then listen in the calls, takes notes and familiarize yourself with our solutions and how we provide business value by solving problems for our customers.
- You are a thinker and a doer, allowing you to contribute big ideas but also get your hands dirty when it comes to implementing those ideas
- You speak your mind, have no issue raising concerns with other company leaders, but are also able to “disagree and commit” when things don’t go your way
- When you don’t know how to do something, you’ll admit it and make a quick assessment of whether it’s something you can figure out, if you’ll need help, and where that help should come from