SALES/CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST
About Affordable Interior Design
Founded in 2005, Affordable Interior Design has broken the mold of lengthy and costly interior design consultations. Our packages are carefully crafted to meet everyone’s needs: our clients get beautiful and functional designs within their budgets, and our designers get fun, varied, and manageable projects that they see come to fruition quickly.
The Sales/Customer Service Specialist must be well versed in the art and science of sales. They can get bookings by active listening and providing potential clients with helpful guidance, identifying their needs and aligning them with our services. They seize every opening without ever being pushy.
Upbeat and outgoing, this person is excellent on the phone. They naturally create relationships with clients and vendors, and they provide outstanding customer service, by being empathetic, advocating on our behalf to vendors, and coming up with solutions. They can also communicate well via email, with excellent punctuation and grammar.
This organized professional must be detail-oriented and adept at juggling simultaneous incoming tasks, knowing which to prioritize while not losing track of less urgent items. They must be able to handle the bookings and coordinate the schedules of all 8 designers. Additionally, the right person has strong admin skills and is able to quickly work online with multiple software systems.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who always goes the extra mile, taking initiative to tackle administrative tasks during downtime and notices where systems can be improved.
This team player is honest, prompt, and genuinely cares about their work, our company, and our clients.
- at least 3 years of work experience
- customer service experience
- strong oral communication skills
- excellent phone skills
- detail-oriented and meticulous in reviewing work
- clear writer with appropriate grammar/punctuation
- a quiet, professional workspace
- a high school diploma
- background in sales
- experience working for a small business
- proficiency in Google suite
- 4-year degree
- interest in interior design
- love for online shopping
The duties for this Sales/Customer Service position include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- Explaining our services and booking appointments. You’ll answer client inquiries via phone and email, book packages, and follow up with clients. (Note: A requirement for this position is that you are available to answer calls in a quiet place Mon.- Fri. from 9:30am-5:30pm EST or part-time from 9:30am-1:30pm or 1:30-5:30pm.)
- Online shopping. You’ll place orders for our clients online and via our trade reps, as well as manage item returns and handle any issues.
- General operations. You’ll manage our designers’ schedules, review their order lists, and engage in general administrative work.
- $15-20/hour based on experience
- No benefits
What sets Affordable Interior Design apart from other employers?
- We are a woman-owned and operated firm established in 2005.
- We are growing and expanding rapidly.
- We are a small and nimble firm that is open to new ideas, where every employee’s voice is heard.
- We are in the press regularly and singled out for our unique and affordable approach to interior design.
- We aren’t just designers: we are podcasters, bloggers, and influencers.