Sales Compensation Analyst
San Diego, California
Providence, Rhode Island
Remote, United States
The Sales Compensation Analyst position is part of a team responsible for the delivery of accurate, high quality financial information to team members, managers and eMoney Senior Team. The Sales Compensation Analyst is responsible for compensation data modeling, financial analysis and executive communication support. The Analyst forms relationships with all levels across the organization to support shared analysis and best practices.
- Listen to, triage, process and resolve questions from the Sales team and serve as the primary point of contact regarding the calculation of their commission
- Utilize monthly commissions data to ensure proper payment to all sales team members through data validation and analysis as well as manual intervention where required
- Distribute detailed commissions statements to each sales team member on a monthly basis to ensure transparency into the commissions calculations
- Partner with Sales leadership to provide operational analysis, reporting and trends related to commissions, compensation plans, and the salesforce
- Develop and maintain business partnerships with Finance, PX, and Sales leadership to ensure alignment of incentive compensation development with organizational, financial and sales force goals
- Partner with Internal Systems, Sales leadership and People Experience on team alignment changes and associated sales and quota impacts based on the salesforce structures
- Develop, maintain, and update systems, processes, and documentation critical to the reporting and tracking of sales compensation and metrics
- Drive continuous process improvements for incentive compensation seeking further efficiencies and future automation in conjunction with the Internal Systems team
- Ensure new sales representatives are fully trained on the sales compensation reporting platform
- Develops and delivers presentations and recommendations for eMoney Senior Team to inform business management and guide effective decision-making.
- May assist with the production of a monthly financial package and all supporting analyses for distribution to senior team.
- Respond to multiple ad hoc analyses and requests from senior management and eMoney colleagues as related to critical business issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience
- Experience supporting a sales organization in the Software as a Service and / or Financial services industry a plus
- Strong PC skills, especially Excel, Power Point. Working knowledge of relational database structures a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills are required, as is an ability to make independent decisions and manage projects.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as across the organization, while demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to envision the “big picture” while focusing on multiple objectives or assignments.
- Results oriented individual who is conscientious of their quality of work.
- Establishes and builds effective relationships with business partners and customers.
- Uses awareness of others’ needs and concerns as basis for influencing efforts
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation to resolve conflicts and ensure achievement of organizational objectives
- Identifies problems with data and reports. Researches the issues and implements solutions. Raises broad/systemic issues to the manager
- Independently performs all phases of the analysis in cases of moderate to complex difficulty to anticipate the needs of internal/ external customers.
- Able to distill data down to prominent points and clearly communicate to business leaders’ recommendations to assist in decision-making process
- Productively balances speed and accuracy.
- Processes large quantities of detailed information with high levels of accuracy.
- Approaches a complex problem by breaking it down into its component parts.
- Identifies many possible causes for a problem based on prior experience and current research.
- Organizes and prioritizes the sequence of steps to be taken to remedy the situation.
- Seeks discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information; explains variances.
- Confident in stepping forward to confront difficult issues
- Responds to shifting priorities while maintaining progress of regularly scheduled work.