Who are we?
Born from the global movement spawned by bestselling-author Eric Ries, Lean Startup Company offers the most exciting education solutions to help organizations work in new ways.
Our year-round education efforts transform how organizations work by arming them with an entrepreneurial methodology via our media, conferences and custom programs for large organizations. We serve every size company and sector of the economy — from the aspiring entrepreneur to high-growth startups, nonprofits, and large bureaucratic institutions and connect them with experts who can support them on their Lean Startup journey.
Who are we seeking?
The Sales Assistant will work on a range of sales projects and activities supporting the day to day sales operations and initiatives of Lean Startup Co (Part-time role, 10-20 hours/week).
The ideal candidate for this role is extremely detail oriented, is an excellent communicator, is creative, social-media savvy and thrives in a fast-paced environment. This candidate is proactive, has an ownership and “get-things-done” mentality and is extremely solution-oriented while being open to coaching and guidance along the way. The ideal candidate is someone who has a high level of personal accountability and a willingness to take calculated risks.
Our team is small and growing, so your role matters to us and will offer significant growth.
The position is 100% remote. We ask that you’re 1) located in the U.S. and 2) available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours.
This sounds like a dream job! What skill set and experience will demonstrate to you that I have the chops to be a Sales assistant at Lean Startup Co.?
- You love problem solving. You love tackling big challenges and figuring things out. You don’t need a lot of hand holding and aren’t afraid of new things you’ve never tried before.
- You have initiative and see things through. You know what it takes to drive a project to completion.
- You have a passion for supporting an intimate sales team.Experience in sales support is a plus and not necessary. We want someone who is excited to enable a high-performing sales team with what they need in order to streamline their work and close more deals.
As the Sales Assistant, you will be the glue supporting across the sales team on projects such as:
- Sales Enablement projects and initiatives
- Update and maintain sales resource library and Google Drive system
- Update Salesforce with missing required fields for leads, contacts and opportunities
- Update and maintain sales templates
- Sales preparation for business development calls.
- Research prospects and prepare call notes
- Prepare presentation decks for sales team pitches
- Standardization, Workflow and Processes
- Work with internal sales and education team to manage processes related to customer relationship management; manage client communications, support tickets, and client project lifecycles.
- Other Sales and Client-Related Tasks
- Work with Client Management team to ensure our client engagements are well-prepared and successful
You’ll fit right into this role and our team if:
- You’re curious and resourceful. You LOVE solving problems and aren’t afraid to admit you’re obsessed with getting the details right.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and urgency as it relates to the health of the company.
- You possess high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- You are open to feedback, take ownership of your mistakes, and love applying your lessons learned to grow.
- You have a keen ability to manage competing and changing priorities.
- You work well with cross-functional teams and hold yourself accountable for your actions.
Why You’ll Love Working With Us
- We encourage growth.
- We seek people who want to be promoted and grow with us. You’ll have significant opportunities to take on new challenges and grow your skillset.
- We encourage and support each other to practice Lean Startup methodology in our every day work.
- You can work from wherever you want in the U.S., as long as you have a working computer and solid internet connection and are available to communicate during Pacific Time business hours.
- We’re a 100% remote team using fun collaborative tools.
- We encourage unplugging and prefer you don’t check email while you’re off the clock.
- Big impact.
- If you’ve ever wanted to be in the middle of a legacy-making organization, this position is for you. The work we do will go down in history as powerfully transformative.
- We are a startup with global brand recognition headquartered in San Francisco, CA. Our global community will give you a front row seat to the challenges they’re facing around innovation. Better yet, you get to help them solve their problems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Simple, direct and clear communication style.
- Minimum 2 years professional experience as a sales assistant.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills.
- Reliable, responsive and consistently meets deadlines.
- Strong personal sense of professionalism, responsibility and accountability.
- Strong relationship management skills and emotional intelligence.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt new strategies on the fly.
- Experience with and enjoys working remotely and collaboratively (Slack, Zoom, Trello, Google apps).
- Experience with Salesforce (or able to learn quickly).
- Ability to juggle and prioritize many different tasks simultaneously, and enjoys collaborating with a wide range of team members.
- Previous knowledge and/or experience with the Lean Startup methodology a plus!