Rural Health Medical Coder- Navigant- Remote Location
Navigant Cymetrix unites the strengths of four category-leading companies to address the complexities of today’s healthcare system. We design, develop and implement integrated, patient-centered solutions for sustained improvements in performance and profitability, working collaboratively across a spectrum of customers that encompasses hospitals, health systems, physician practice groups and payers.
The Rural Health Medical Coder (Remote) will view clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate to extract data and apply appropriate ICD- 10 Diagnosis and Procedure codes, along with CPT/HCPCS codes as defined for the service type, for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance. Under the direction of their manager, the coder should accurately code conditions and procedures as documented and in accordance with the ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting. The coder scope may involve reviewing coding denial from payers and recommending the appropriate action to resolve the claim based on payer guidelines.
Other Key Expectations:
- Strong previous experience in rural health coding or FQHC coding
- Willingness to be specialized in a multiple areas. Example: Orthopedics; Cardiology; Obstetrics, etc.
- Meets or exceeds the coding quality standards as outlined.
- Understands and adheres to all requirements in the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Performs coding in an efficient and productive manner utilizing good time management and professional work habits. Meets productivity standards for position.
- Continually enhances coding skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and safeguards the privacy of protected health information.
- Undertakes special projects and other duties as assigned by the Coding Manager.
- CPC Certification from AAPC
- Minimum 3 years previous rural health coding or FQHC coding experience
- Proficiency in E&M coding
- Previous work with Medicaid and other payers in regards to RHC coding
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environment
Navigant Cymetrix is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Navigant will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Navigant Consulting, Inc. (NYSE: NCI) is a specialized, global professional services firm that helps clients take control of their future. Navigant’s professionals apply deep industry knowledge, substantive technical expertise, and an enterprising approach to help clients build, manage and/or protect their business interests. With a focus on markets and clients facing transformational change and significant regulatory or legal pressures, the Firm primarily serves clients in the healthcare, energy and financial services industries. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and technology/analytics services, Navigant’s practitioners bring sharp insight that pinpoints opportunities and delivers powerful results. More information about Navigant can be found at navigant.com.