Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
Location: Remote, Headquarters Seattle Washington
Work with a team of smart, highly productive engineers who care greatly about the code they are shipping. Our culture is very DevOps centric with the goal of bringing the most value we can to our business through a streamlined CI/CD pipeline. Our team champions learning, bettering themselves, and teaching to the rest of the team. In addition to working with a great team and shipping a great SaaS product, one day every two weeks you’ll invest in yourself. You can use that time to learn about new technologies, contribute to open source, or create side projects that help the company.
- You have at least 4 years of professional software engineering experience.
- You have at least 2 years of experience working directly with Ruby, either with a company, or via open source. Past contributions to open source projects, or maintaining your own, are looked very highly upon.
- You should have a strong understanding of relational SQL databases and query optimization. We use MySQL and Postgres.
- At PipelineDeals, the product engineers also own the production infrastructure. Previous experience with configuration management, AWS, and other operations related tasks are a big plus.
- The ability to communicate effectively and comfortably both through writing and video chats. We currently use a combination of Slack, Zoom, Github PRs, etc to work with other team members on a daily basis. As this is a fully remote position, previous experience working remotely is a plus.
- Familiarity with sales processes and philosophies. You should be able to explain why a business should purchase a CRM
- Experience with tools such as: Mixpanel, Intercom, Surveymonkey, Asana, Github and Kanban project management solutions
- One who thrives on continuous improvement values and can help contribute and lead the team to always get better.
- Customer focused and centric
- Highly motivated; passionate
- Continually learning and furthering yourself. We foster a strong culture of learning within the team.
- Honest and possess the highest level of integrity
- One who that encourages collaboration and team building.
Founded in 2006, PipelineDeals is the most adopted CRM for small and midsize businesses, empowering sales teams across a breadth of industries to build game changing relationships.
PipelineDeals is built around an easy-to-use and customizable user experience, sales focused features, and leading customer support and service. Today, more than 18,000 users in 60 countries use PipelineDeals to gain visibility into their sales pipeline to accelerate opportunities and close more deals. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, PipelineDeals has made the annual Inc. 5000 list since 2014, recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S.
Behind the product is a great team that diligently works together under a set of company values:
- We are customer obsessed.
- We are committed to the highest standards, we think big, and never settle.
- We have a bias for action.
- We are well-reasoned problem solvers.
- We are positive team players.
- Kindness and personal responsibility are in our DNA.
Our Valued Customers
The PipelineDeals Software as a Service platform is optimized for SMBs frustrated with overpriced and over-engineered CRM solutions like Salesforce. With an easy-to-use yet intuitive and robust CRM solution, SMBs gain a competitive advantage when they go up against more established companies or enter a market for the first time.
PipelineDeals’ users win because they can easily adopt and use PipelineDeals sales automation tools and always have access to world-class customer service. Ninety-eight percent of PipelineDeals accounts renew every year.
Where We’re Going
PipelineDeals has been carefully designed with salespeople and account managers in mind and how to make their jobs easier. From that commitment, the PipelineDeals team is continually improving functionality to meet changes and needs in the industry. For example, the software takes into account the prevalence of big data and the insights that sales leaders want to achieve. As a result, PipelineDeals has the power to help our clients shape customer experiences in more compelling and useful ways. To stay true to the ease-of-use experience PipelineDeals is known for, UX and product design will continue to play a central role in future product strategy.
PipelineDeals understands that the pace of change in technology is accelerating at incredible rates and is committed to meet the needs of multiple generations of users to remain the most adopted CRM in the SMB market today.