Ruby on Rails Developer at BVAccel
Ruby on Rails Developer
We’re building the largest commerce partner company in the world and we’re looking for a talented Software Engineer to help us get there. You’ll have the opportunity to support and lead projects for a variety of partners on the Shopify Plus and Workarea commerce platforms. You’ll launch storefronts for partners new to eCommerce, help partners re-platform to Shopify and Workarea, and help our existing partners enhance their current storefronts
BVAccel is unable to provide employment visa sponsorship
What you’ll do…
- Work on a modern tech stack to deliver unique eCommerce experiences for a multitude of partners who are using the Shopify or Workarea platforms.
- Work on a range of tasks including large custom features, 3rd party integrations, server management, and anything else that helps our partners achieve their business objectives.
- Contribute to all parts of the software lifecycle process, including defining requirements, estimating, planning, prototyping, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Design and develop code to be scalable and reusable across a range of client sizes and business needs
- Partner with different roles within the organization to ensure timely delivery and accuracy
What you’ll need…
- 3-5 years of programming experience
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Ruby or other OO language preferred)
- Experience with at least one web framework (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Experience working with git and the command line
- An appreciation for well written unit and integration tests
- The desire to write clean, efficient, reliable code
- Ability to thrive in a results-oriented, high-freedom work environment
- Excellent time management, problem solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- A passion for continuous learning and improvement
Bonus points for…
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services (Google Cloud, MS Azure, Heroku, Digital Ocean, etc)
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with MongoDB
- eCommerce development experience (Shopify Plus, Magento, etc.)
- Versed in agile development practices
- Experience in a multi-project / agency environment
Who we are…
BVA is a commerce agency that incubates and grows the direct-to-consumer (DTC) brands that people love. With the largest and most versatile client roster in the industry, we’ve launched more brands on Shopify Plus than any other agency and currently manage a client portfolio that generates nearly one billion dollars annually in gross merchandise volume (GMV).
Through a customer-centric approach, we create measurable and executable commerce strategies that drive brand awareness, immersive customer experience, high conversions, profitability, and customer lifetime value. Having built and scaled brands like Rebecca Minkoff, Tommy John, Chubbies, Native (P&G), RedBull, and UNTUCKit, we leverage our unmatched expertise to forge the future of commerce for leading and emerging DTC brands
BVA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!