Risk Operations Advocate at TaskRabbit
Title: Risk Operations Advocate
Location: Remote U.S.
The Risk Operations Advocate is primarily responsible for actioning procedures that mitigate risk on the platform. In this role, you will be focused on upholding Taskrabbit user standards and policies through transactional investigations and escalations of risks. We aim to live our values in every interaction and are looking for agents who care deeply about ensuring trust and positive experiences on the Taskrabbit platform.
On the Risk Operations team, you will work with a variety of tools and systems to monitor and action on customer accounts. We have three primary lines of business including fraud, standards and payments. Daily you will be working through ticketing queues and communicating and corresponding with customers via email and phone. Outside of your daily work, you will also participate in regular team meetings, coachings, company-wide learning and development opportunities. This position is part of the global Risk Operations team within our Customer Support Department and reports directly to a Risk Operations Supervisor.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Learn & adhere to TaskRabbit policies aimed at increasing trust in our dual-side marketplace.
- Exercise strong business judgement and decision making.
- Efficiently investigate, action and resolve user account issues primarily via email, phone and ticketing systems while maintaining KPIs aimed at losses, service level, productivity, and accuracy.
- Be organized, accountable and responsible – stay informed on the platform’s Terms of Service, Happiness Pledge, and policy changes as they occur, and be able to articulate and enforce them accurately.
- Anticipates and responds with energy to new challenges, the unfamiliar, and the urgent.
- Be a customer champion, identify gaps, and ensure we are continuously improving.
- We’re looking for candidates who are detail-oriented and confident decision makers!
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience, preferred 1-2 years experience in risk operations, fraud prevention and/or policy enforcement.
- Tech-savvy, excellent typing skills and adaptable in navigating online tools and systems.
- High level execution and adaptability against new processes, environments and technologies.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills: have a strong command of grammar and spelling.
- Strong critical thinker with ability to identify complex patterns and adept at problem-solving.
- Detailed, and quality focused in making informed decisions
- Interpersonal skills: Remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Display calm conviction and fair judgement when handling sensitive issues.
- Accountable, Reliable & Punctual: Displays excellent time management, takes pride in a job well done, embraces change and feedback, while seeking continual improvements to perform.
- Ability to work a structured schedule, including weekends.
- Available full-time (40 hours / week) – preferably available for our opening shifts starting at 7:45am Central Time and willing to work at least one weekend day.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams — people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 50% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.