Risk Management – Compliance
Core Business Services
Our Risk Management team enables responsible growth through close collaboration with the business to protect EY from the risks that arise from its professional practice. The team works with the business to identify, monitor and manage EY’s risk, providing coordinated advice and assistance on independence, conflicts, compliance, regulatory, policy, security and risk management issues, as well as effectively managing ethics-related claims and queries. Through oversight of key risk processes, Risk Management helps to minimize the threat of litigation, avoid regulatory enforcement and limit damage to our reputation. Under Vision 2020, our Risk Management team is strategically focused on risk; embedding risk discussions into business planning activities at all levels of the organization.
The volume and complexity of regulatory compliance requirements EY is required to meet continues to grow and as a result the quality and coverage of EY’s compliance programs is required to continually improve. The current opportunity to join the compliance team provides the successful candidate an opportunity to contribute to the design and implementation of EY’s cross-organization compliance framework, including processes, controls and monitoring procedures. The role also offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work with senior members of the compliance team as well as the Risk Management executive more broadly to increase visibility and awareness of EY’s compliance programs by Partners and staff. Combined, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with senior leaders in Risk Management and Service Line Quality to contribute to EY’s commitment to strengthening the culture of compliance and to building trust and integrity in the market.
Your key responsibilities
The successful candidate will work with members of the Service Line Quality teams, in particular Assurance, as well as other compliance specialists throughout the business to build EY’s response to ISCM1 – the governing international standard on quality control and compliance EY is required to comply with. Working with other technical experts the role-holder will help document EY’s compliance framework as well as identify opportunities to create synergies between the various frameworks and recommend improvements to address ISCM1 requirements.
The candidate will also work with the compliance leader to prepare and deliver information to the business on EY’s compliance programs and efforts with the objective of raising awareness and understanding by Partners and Staff.
The compliance team is a virtual team with members in locations across Europe, The US and AsiaPacific. There is also a core team of compliance analysts based at GDS.
The successful candidate will be required to travel occasionally for one-to-one and team meetings.
Skills and attributes for success
- A strong team player, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Excellent communication and networking skills – able to influence a broad range of internal and client facing professionals
- Ability to work in a high pace, agile environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities effectively
- Ability to synthesize complex information into simple, high impact messages
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience working in regulatory compliance, preferably Assurance
- Experience in a cross-border role, successfully managing multiple complex projects at a global level
- Good understanding of the Risk Management business, key stakeholders and influencers
- Experience working in a diverse team
Ideally, you’ll also have
- High level of influencing and networking skills
- Ability to translate technical material into digestible, simplified and user-friendly material
- Ability to challenge views/perspectives while securing buy-in within RM and beyond
What we look for
- We’re looking for an experienced, high energy individual who embraces change and innovation in order to ensure that we can continue to deliver world-class RM initiatives in an ever-changing environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.