Risk Analyst – Third Party Risk Management at Zions Bancorporation
Risk Analyst – Third-Party Risk Management
- West Valley City, Utah
- Risk and Compliance
- Job Id: 047741
THIS POSITION IS ABLE TO WORK IN A REMOTE SETTING ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
Zions Bancorporation is one of the nation’s premier financial services companies, consisting of a collection of great banks with combined total assets exceeding $65 billion. Zions’ subsidiary ZB, N.A. operates banking divisions under local management teams and community identities in 11 states.
We are currently seeking a Risk Analyst – Third Party Risk Management to join our Supply Chain Management Team. This position can be located anywhere in the U.S.
Responsible for performing risk assessments and analyzing the risk level of third-party engagements, both for new and existing vendors (as part of ongoing review and update cycles). Analyze documentation to assess controls and arrive at residual risk assessment ratings against the Bank’s risk methodology and in accordance with regulatory and industry standards. The successful candidate should have a degree in Business, Finance or related field and vendor contract documentation, vendor relationships or equivalent experience or certifications. She/he should have a knowledge of risk management, and/or vendor regulatory requirements and reporting.
- Responsible for performing risk assessments on third-parties and analyzing the risk level of third-party engagements, both for new and existing vendors (as part of ongoing review and update cycles)
- Analyze due diligence and control documentation from third-parties to arrive at a risk level determination against the Bank’s risk rating methodology, and in accordance with regulatory and industry standards
- Assess the adequacy of due diligence documentation received from vendors as level of QC before passing on to subject matter experts (SMEs), where necessary
- Synthesize inputs from Bank’s risk SMEs, vendor documentation, and conversations with lines of business to develop risk assessments
- Author risk narratives to communicate what key risks are for an engagement or vendor, and support why a certain risk level has been assigned
- Analyze and maintain vendor information and documentation
- Form strong relationships with lines of business and risk SMEs across the Bank, to facilitate a positive and open working relationship
- Use strong understanding of risk topics and ‘risk mindset’ to actively challenge inputs (e.g. vendor and business claims)
- Contribute to and lead internal initiatives, including methodology enhancements and acting against workplans to deliver projects
- Present, when required, analysis and findings to senior stakeholders and committees
- Work with business units to ensure documentation is received and updated as needed
- Work collaboratively with other teams in supply chain management as well as with stakeholders across the business
- Keep current on regulatory requirements
- Requires a degree in Business, Finance or related field
- Experience in risk management, vendor management, audit or equivalent experience or certifications.
- She/he should have knowledge of risk management, regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Knowledge of risk management, regulatory requirements and reporting
- Must have problem-solving, communication, project and relationship management skills
- Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions
- Knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet software and applications, and capability to do the work of the group
- Ability to set and maintain high quality work standards
- Attention to detail Risk-mindset
- Ability to deal effectively with people in various job capacities
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!