HCC Risk Adjustment Coder- Part Time -Navigant- Remote Location
Job ID 9367
Location Remote Location
Full/Part Time Part-Time
Navigant BPM unites the strengths of four category-leading companies to address the complexities of today’s healthcare system. We design, develop and implement integrated, patient-centered solutions for sustained improvements in performance and profitability, working collaboratively across a spectrum of customers that encompasses hospitals, health systems, physician practice groups and payers.
The HCC Risk Adjustment Medical Coder (Part Time) will review clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate to extract data and apply appropriate ICD- 10 diagnosis codes, along with CPT/HCPCS codes as defined for the service type, for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance. Under the direction of their manager, the coder will be reviewing physician documentation for community health centers and community mental health centers and will perform HCC Risk Adjustment Review.
Other Key Expectations:
- Expertise in HCC risk adjustment medical coding
- Meets or exceeds the coding quality standards as outlined.
- Understands and adheres to all requirements in the Corporate Compliance Program.
- Performs coding in an efficient and productive manner utilizing good time management and professional work habits. Meets productivity standards for position.
- Continually enhances coding skills.
- Maintains confidentiality and safeguards the privacy of protected health information.
- Undertakes special projects and other duties as assigned by the Coding Manager.
- CRC Credential Mandatory
- CPC or COC Certification from AAPC or CCS from AHIMA
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in HCC risk adjustment medical coding
- Must be familiar with capturing HCC diagnoses to the highest level of specificity and understand their impact on risk adjustment scores
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- Constantly operates a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Regularly uses close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare and analyze and transmit data
- Generally works in an office environment