Risk Adjustment Medical Coder at Change Healthcare
Risk Adjustment Medical Coder Entry Level (Flexible Remote Position)
- Remote- US
Overview of Position
Change Healthcare is hiring multiple Risk Adjustment Medical Coders who will identify members’ health conditions, so health plans have appropriate payments to cover care. We accept applications year-round, and active recruitment for these roles typically occurs from July-November.
100% work from home
Flexible working schedule (20 to 40 hours per week)
- Per chart compensation
- Paid training
- W2 tax classification
- Assigned advocate to help with admin topics
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Assign appropriate ICD–10-CM codes, mapping to risk adjustment models as applicable
- Assign Change Healthcare Flagged Event codes when documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or otherwise unclear for medical coding purposes
- Comply with the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines
- Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations
- Maintain quality and production standards required by company – all medical coders must maintain minimum QA passing requirements based on HCC scoring model (HCCx < or equal to 5 and HCCm < or equal to 5)
- Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting requirements
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Active apprentice coder certification through AAPC (CPC-A)
- Ability to code using an ICD-10-CM code book (without using an encoder)
- Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation
- Strong clinical knowledge related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment and management
- Computer proficiency (including MS Windows, MS Office, and the Internet
- High-speed Internet access, a home computer with a current Windows operating system, an internet application, and Adobe Acrobat 6.0 or better
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM outpatient diagnosis coding guidelines (knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements is highly preferred)
- Reliability and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines (24-hour turnaround time on all assigned charts)
- Personal discipline to work remotely without direct supervision
- Exemplary attention to detail and completeness
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Analytical skills
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!