Risk Adjustment Medical Coder at Change Healthcare
Risk Adjustment Medical Coder
Remote – Alaska
Remote – Maryland
Remote – Maine
Remote – Louisiana
Remote – Kentucky
Remote – Kansas
Remote – Iowa
Remote – Indiana
Remote – Oregon
Remote – Wyoming
Remote – Wisconsin
Remote – New Hampshire
Remote – Nevada
Remote – West Virginia
Remote – Nebraska
Remote – Washington
Remote – Montana
Remote – Virginia
Remote – Missouri
Remote – Vermont
Remote – Mississippi
Remote – Utah
Remote – Texas
Remote – Minnesota
Remote – Tennessee
Remote – Michigan
Remote – Ohio
Remote – Massachusetts
Remote – South Dakota
Remote – North Dakota
Remote – South Carolina
Remote – North Carolina
Remote – Rhode Island
Remote – Pennsylvania
Remote – New Mexico
Remote – New Jersey
Remote – Illinois
Remote – Idaho
Remote – Hawaii
Remote – Florida
Remote – Delaware
Remote – DC
Remote – Connecticut
Remote – Oklahoma
Remote – Virgin Islands
Remote – Arkansas
Remote – Arizona
- Change Healthcare offers flexible opportunities in the medical field, whether you’re looking for a side gig and supplemental income, or simply want to gain more training and experience in your field.
- This is the chance to boost your earnings potential – on a flexible schedule – and help transform the entire healthcare industry, from provider to patient.
At Change Healthcare, we’re inspiring a better you.
Risk Adjustment Medical Coder
Overview of Position
- Change Healthcare is hiring multiple Risk Adjustment Medical Coders who will identify members’ health conditions, so health plans have appropriate payments to cover care.
- We accept applications year-round, and active recruitment for these roles typically occurs from July-November.
- 100% work from home
- Flexible working schedule (20 to 40 hours per week)
- Per chart compensation
- Paid training
- W2 tax classification
- Assigned advocate to help with admin topics
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Assign appropriate ICD–10-CM codes, mapping to risk adjustment models as applicable
- Assign Change Healthcare Flagged Event codes when documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or otherwise unclear for medical coding purposes
- Comply with the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adhere to official coding guidelines
- Comply with HIPAA laws and regulations
- Maintain quality and production standards required by company – all medical coders must maintain minimum QA passing requirements based on HCC scoring model (HCCx < or equal to 5 and HCCm < or equal to 5)
- Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting requirements
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Active certified coder certification (CRC, CPC, CCS – P) through AHIMA or AAPC (CCA, CPC-A not accepted)
- At least two years of experience as a certified coder
- At least one year of risk adjustment experience
- Ability to code using an ICD-10-CM code book (without using an encoder)
- Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation
- Strong clinical knowledge related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment and management
- Computer proficiency (including MS Windows, MS Office, and the Internet
- High-speed Internet access, a home computer with a current Windows operating system, an internet application, and Adobe Acrobat 6.0 or better
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM outpatient diagnosis coding guidelines (knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements is highly preferred)
- Reliability and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines (24-hour turnaround time on all assigned charts)
- Personal discipline to work remotely without direct supervision
- Exemplary attention to detail and completeness
- Strong organization, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Analytical skills
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
As a federal contractor, Change Healthcare is adhering to the Executive Order which mandates vaccination. As such, we are requiring all U.S. new hires and employees to show proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or receive an approved accommodation by their date of hire, as a condition of employment.
As we continue to navigate the ever-changing COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. Proof of vaccination or accommodations requests will be collected once an offer is accepted with Change Healthcare. All accommodation requests will be carefully considered but are not guaranteed to be approved.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Here at Change Healthcare, we’re creating a strong and more efficient healthcare system, and we want motivated and passionate people to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life. It takes teams of talented individuals working together to accelerate our journey toward improved lives and healthier communities and really make an impact.
If you’re looking to maximize your potential and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Our core values to Pursue Purpose, Champion Innovation, Earn Trust, Be Agile, and Include All drive everything we do. Are you ready to join our cause and Make a Change?
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
At Change Healthcare, we understand that diversity and inclusion are at the very core of our culture. By celebrating diversity and fostering an inclusive environment we enrich our team member experience, broaden our thinking, and increase our ability to innovate and grow in an ever-changing healthcare industry.