Perspectas risk decision group is the largest provider of background investigation services for the U.S. government in the federal, intelligence and civilian space.
We are currently seeking candidates for a Reviewer. For this opening candidates may be located near Loveland, CO or Slippery Rock, PA. Candidates in other locations may work from home or include a cover letter explaining relocation plans.
Reviewers retrieve federal background investigations cases utilizing an NBIB computer reporting system. Once the Reviewer reviews the case to ensure it is complete and meets customer requirements, the Reviewer will submit the case to NBIB for final customer review. Reviewer communicates with field staff regarding any case issues.
This position follows clearly detailed specific procedures in completing several repetitive administrative steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence. Tasks could involve assisting with quality audits and on the job training/mentoring for new employees.
Minimal to high degree of subject-matter knowledge is required. This position requires an in-depth knowledge and familiarity with the terminology of the procedures outlined in the NBIB Investigators Handbook, the PIPs system and the incumbent is proficient in the Review process and consistently meets quality expectations. Work is routine and repetitive and follows various standardized operating procedures. The incumbent selects appropriate review methods from a wide variety of procedures and interprets guidance and manuals.
Please note: Work Schedules may include rotating weekend work, with weekday hours off.
- Follows standard work instructions to provide guidance on the NBIB handbook and its applications to field investigators
- Assist the field investigations unit in reworking deficient cases
- Proficient in using the Internet to research addresses and phone numbers
- Reviews reports of investigation for contract compliance
- Complete rebuttals on deficient notices to try to get the deficient rating overturned
- Identifies and tracks common trends for NBIB reopens and communicates trends to management
- Assists in identifying information that needs to be discussed with NBIB for clarification
- Works closely with Field Mangers, Contract Liaisons and Field Investigators to complete cases to NBIB specifications and timeliness parameters
- Provides clarification to the field staff concerning NBIB deficient notifications
- Other duties as assigned
The job tasks identified below are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, move about the facility, bend, stoop, and climb stairs; demonstrate sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and other office equipment; reach above shoulder height, below the waist, and lift to file documents or store materials; lift and move up to 25 pounds; speak and hear sufficiently to communicate in person and over the phone; read words and numbers; maintain visual ability including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and to adjust focus; work overtime as required; meet expectations for attendance and punctuality; able to pay attention to details; able to concentrate; interact professionally, cooperatively and productively; perform in a manner that prevents errors and omissions; tolerate a constant, moderate noise level; work independently; carry out assignments to completion within parameters of general instructions, prescribed routines and standard practices; successfully manage stressful work situations; meet multiple deadlines consistently.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- High School diploma or GED and one to two years progressively responsible administrative work experience
- New hire orientation
- Two or more years experience reviewing federal background investigations preferrence
- Experience with PIPS and FWS preferred
- Must have intermediate or better computer skills, including MS Office
- Above average internet search skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Strong customer service orientation, particularly with internal customers
- Ability to work independently and with supervision
- Must be detail oriented, accurate and organized
- Must be dependable and responsible
- U.S. citizenship (required for federal security clearance)
Federal Background Investigation REQUIRED please read.
The selected candidate for this position must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated government background investigation. This background investigation requires U.S. citizenship and will include an investigation of 10years of history including financial, education, employment, medical, residence, and personal records. The cost of this investigation will be paid by Perspecta.
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nations most important work. Were a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nations most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselvesto respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many waysnot only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspectas talented and robust workforce14,000 strongstands ready to welcome you to the team. Lets make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Req No. _2018-9727_
Category: _Review & Audit_