Revenue Recovery Associate – Hospice at Precision Medical Billing - PMB
Revenue Recovery Associates-Hospice
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
Revenue Recovery Associates-Hospice are responsible for entering patient/client billing into the provided software. Information is either typed and 10-keyed into the system or accepted through electronic interfaces established with PMB clients. Accuracy is critical, as this is our business’ fundamental process. Due to the exposure of confidential information, and the potential for violating federal law, a thorough understanding of and adherence to HIPAA policies and procedures, and compliance regulations, are essential.
- Provide effective communication amongst all team members regarding claim creation errors.
- Ensure accurate submission of client claims.
- Distribute billing reports weekly to all clients.
- Review daily collections and monthly reporting as well as recommendations for billing audits
- Monitor and follow-up on progress of submitted claims and paperwork
- Identify lost revenue through AR cleanup/follow up
- Verify accuracy of data, compile data, and be required to translate information into multiple formats
- Identify and recommend potential revenue challenges to maximize reimbursements within the terms of the facility agreements
- Maintain work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Work and communicate with peers, patients and payers regarding accounts receivable.
- Verify CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10 and/or modifiers to accurately reflect documented services.
- Verify patient’s eligibility, coverage, benefits and identify hospice authorization requirements.
- Must have a working knowledge of Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) and hospice billing.
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance billing and reimbursement processes.
- Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines, confidentiality and record keeping.
- Must be comfortable navigating through a variety of software programs and insurance websites.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and ability to problem solve.
- High school diploma
- At least 3 years’ experience in a fast paced medical billing environment
- Minimum typing speed of 40 wpm
- Minimum 10-key speed of 175 kspm
- Excellent computer skills (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent communication, time management, and multi-tasking skills
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!