Revenue Accountant at Fishtown Analytics
- US DISTRIBUTED
Fishtown Analytics is a remote-first company with a globally distributed team. This role is open to folks based anywhere in the United States.
At Fishtown Analytics, we’re committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds. Whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description above, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Fishtown Analytics was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the most respected brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies.
We’re looking to hire a Revenue Accountant to join the finance team to help support the growth of Fishtown by partnering across teams to drive efficiency in our quote to cash process. This role collaborates daily with members of the revenue and operations team to ensure we are optimizing business performance while providing ASC606 revenue recognition guidance in customer deal structuring.
Who we are
At Fishtown Analytics, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as opensource software
- Analytic code itself—not just analytics tools—will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Over the course of the past several years, we’ve built a community of 9,000+ people and 3,000 companies who are using our ideas, products, and workflows to conduct analytics, including Lyft, Monzo, GitLab, Snowflake, the ACLU, Amazon, JetBlue, and RentTheRunway. Our product, dbt (https://www.getdbt.com/), has come to be synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Sequoia Capital, recently raising our series B read the announcement here.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Maintain and update revenue arrangements, elements, revenue recognition plans, and rules in Salesforce Billing.
- Validate data in Salesforce Billing against sales contract in Salesforce CPQ and ensure timeliness of milestones, monthly fee, and enhancement billing, and the accuracy of revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606.
- Lead OrdertoCash cycle end to end, which includes customer billing, collections efforts, cash application, and customer account reconciliations.
- Manage month-end and quarter-end revenue close, including AR, unbilled and deferred revenue entries, reconciliations, and related fluctuation analysis.
- Collaborate with Revenue, Legal, and Operation teams to review and evaluate the impact of MSA and SOW language, terms, and conditions for billing efficiency and revenue recognition accuracy.
- Work with cross-functional organizations to streamline the order to cash processes and workflows to improve efficiency and reduce manual work.
- Assist with our annual financial statement audit by providing supporting documentation of transactions, reconciliations, and other analyses as needed.
You are a good fit if you:
- Have 4+ years of relevant experience within a SaaS technology organization, or Big 4 background
- Have a strong understanding of GAAP accounting with an emphasis on revenue recognition, primarily ASC606.
- Have an understanding of the quote to cash process in an Enterprise business.
You’ll have an edge if you have:
- Experience working with Quickbooks or equivalent ERP.
- Experience working with Salesforce CPQ and Billing.
- Experience with usage-based pricing models.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary: $90,000-$110,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: Unlimited vacation, 401k w/ 3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, and paid parental leave
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!