Revenue Accountant at Invitae
Remote in the US
The Revenue Accountant reports to the Revenue Senior Accountant and will primarily work on customer contract revenue accounting for large-scale projects in accordance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). This position will work collaboratively with the Project Management, Sales, and Operations teams on understanding the contract language and the nature behind the contract deliverables in order to establish a process for tracking progress on a monthly basis. This position will also work with the Financial Planning and Analysis team on forecasting revenue from customer contracts. Additionally, this position will play an integral role in the implementation of Oracle ERP.
- Reviews complex revenue contracts to understand the nature of products/services being provided to ensure appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- Documents and maintains customer contracts, including documentation supporting the percentage-of-completion progression for milestones
- Develops strong working relationships with project managers regarding project tracking and other documentation in support of monthly revenue recognition
- Prepares and issues invoices
- Maintains integrity of data entered into accounting system through procedural guidelines
- Interfaces with multiple departments, including sales staff, project managers, and management
- Assists with month-end close, including posting journal entries and preparing account reconciliations
- Works with auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Works closely with the Senior Revenue Analyst and Accounting Manager to implement SOX-compliant internal controls
- Assists with ad hoc assignments based on internal finance/accounting needs
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting or industry
- Certified Public Accountant or planning to become a CPA preferred
- Sound knowledge of GAAP and financial and managerial accounting concepts including, but not limited to, revenue recognition, cash flows, expense allocation, and accrual methods
- SOX-compliance experience is preferred
- Strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be extremely organized
- Professional and detail-oriented
- Strong software applications and data management skills; ability to learn new software systems and tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and deliver on multiple projects and processes at once
- Strong business partnering and interpersonal skills across all levels of the organization
Who You Are:
- You are a self-starter and require little explicit direction
- You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and consistently overachieve
- You have demonstrated the ability to prioritize and track projects, proactively anticipate business needs and drive results.
- Your education in accounting/finance has provided you with a solid foundation but your work experience has given you the skills to stand out and contribute at a high level and motivate others to achieve outstanding results.
- You have a strong scientific acumen
- You have strong interpersonal, team-working, and leadership skills
- You exhibit excellent problem-solving skills: able to anticipate and recognize problems, diagnose root causes, and take corrective action to prevent a recurrence
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant or planning to obtain CPA preferred
- Experience in the life sciences industry preferred
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!