Website Hilton Worldwide
Remote Reservation Sales Specialist: Part-Time, Nationwide
Employment Type: Part-time
Date Posted: 12-12-2016
Job ID: HRC0107L
Hilton Reservation and Customer Care
2050 Chenault Drive
At Hilton, we’re looking for talented Reservation Sales Specialists who will serve as the first point of contact for our hotel brands. We value human hospitality in a digital world, and our goal is to make a lasting impression with every Hilton guest with which we interact.
This is a challenging, yet rewarding role, so we’re looking for Team Members with excellent communication skills, a persuasive sales ability, and a world-class customer service mentality. We’ll make sure that you’re equipped to answer calls with efficiency and with a great deal of emphasis on delivering personalized solutions for each guest. And the best part is – you get to work from home!
What you will be doing:
- Answer the telephone and greet prospective guests in a friendly manner to create a superior guest experience
- Listen to and acknowledge callers, to ensure understanding of inquiries, and to deliver personalized travel solutions
- Utilize solution-oriented sales skills to maximize revenue for our hotels and business partners worldwide
- Provide accurate information regarding availability, sales promotions, accommodation types, transportation to and from hotels, rates, etc.
What we will expect of you:
- Availability for a part-time, 20 to 29 hours per week work schedule, including some weekends and holidays
- A positive attitude including high energy, strong communication skills and the ability to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to meet specific sales goals and metrics on a daily basis. Examples of metrics include: number of hotel bookings, average rate of hotel rooms you book, upselling, cross-selling, and customer satisfaction scores.
- Your ability to work in a quiet environment, free from noise and distractions for your entire shift
- Perfect attendance, every day of your schedule, including your training period
- Active participation in virtual training sessions, including 100% completion of self-paced training modules.
What you can expect from us:
- We’ll provide you with the tools and training to do your job effectively, along with ongoing training & opportunities to grow and develop with a global organization
- A positive virtual work environment, with a dedicated supervisor as your coach and mentor
- Flexibility in your work schedule, with Hilton’s own Build A Schedule, allowing you to build your work schedule around your personal and family commitments.
- Benefit package, including Hilton travel benefits, which allow you and your friends & family to experience our 13 Hilton brands first-hand at discounted rates.
- You have a minimum 1+ year steady job experience in a customer oriented and/or sales role
- You have experience for at least 6 months in:
- Successfully meeting specific metrics/goals in a performance-driven role
- Negotiating, overcoming objections, and/or upselling and cross-selling
- You have the ability to set up job related computer equipment, run various computer programs, troubleshoot and fix issues independently.
- You are computer proficient, including the ability to type and talk while successfully navigating and maneuvering across multiple applications simultaneously.
- You have excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You’ve previously held a Work at Home job
- You have experience with virtual training, which required you to complete self-paced modules
- You have experience in the hospitality industry
We will provide some of the technical hardware equipment for you to perform in your role including desktop terminal/hard drive, keyboard & mouse, headset compatible with hard drive, flash drive, and Ethernet cable.
You will provide the following equipment:
- Landline phone with dial pad
- Headset compatible with phone
- Surge protector
- Dedicated landline (cellular phones not permitted)
- High speed wired internet connection (wireless is not permitted)
- Home office free from background noise and distractions
We are currently hiring candidates in 31 states across the country, including: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming.
After submitting your application, you will be invited to take a digital interview through HireVue. Please check your email, including Spam folders, for your invitation from HireVue with a link to complete your video interview. After submitting your video interview, and if your qualifications meet our requirements, a recruiter will contact you regarding next steps in the process. Your final interview with a recruiter will be held via live video
Please reference Job Description above for Qualifications.