Research Scientist, Senior Research Scientist at Curriculum Associates
Research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist
Product Development & Management Remote, United States
Curriculum Associates is a rapidly growing educational technology and publishing company committed to making classrooms better places for teachers and students. We are seeking a talented individual with strong research skills to join our Efficacy and Implementation Research team as a Research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist.
In this role, you’ll develop and execute rigorous research projects focused on CA’s current and under-development solutions for improving student outcomes in reading and mathematics. You’ll use a variety of data types, study designs, and analysis strategies to answer important questions related to maximizing student success.
This opportunity is right for you if:
- You are fiercely committed to providing educators and decision makers at all levels of the education system — national, state, district, and classroom –timely, accurate, meaningful research results to inform policy and practice
- You are deeply passionate about using the power of data analytics and research to help all students reach their potential – especially those students who are at risk
- You enjoy the challenge of manipulating and cleaning gigantic, complex data sets with SAS and SQL
- You can deftly transform musings from non-researchers into research questions and testable hypotheses
- You are energized when your research is due on a tight turn-around because it is needed to inform timely decisions that will help make classrooms better for students and teachers
- You can independently handle sophisticated quantitative analyses and communicate the results clearly and succinctly to non-technical audiences
The impact you’ll have:
- You’ll lead large, complex internal and external educational research projects on a broader research agenda set by stakeholders
- You’ll be partnered with a dynamic team to design studies that answer actionable research questions about numerous educational interventions, products, and services
- Modify and run advanced procedures for data manipulation and transformation
- Draft documentation for internal and external audiences, including process documentation, analysis specifications, and reporting of results
- Present research findings to diverse audiences, including staff meetings, meetings with external clients, and professional conferences
- Contribute to quality control processes to ensure the accuracy of data, analyses, and findings of research project
Who we’re looking for:
- Master’s degree required, Ph.D. preferred within education research, evaluation, psychology, or other quantitative social science discipline
- Three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience working on education research and/or evaluation projects
- Demonstrated expertise conducting studies using rigorous quasi-experimental methods such as nonequivalent group designs, regression discontinuity designs, and interrupted-time series designs
- Demonstrated applied expertise with matching, hierarchical modeling, clustering or other data reduction techniques, and other complex statistical methods using real-world data.
- Advanced-level SAS programmer with experience in manipulation of large, complex datasets, basic descriptive and frequencies analyses, and advanced statistical analyses and modeling.
- Demonstrated expertise in SQL querying from large, complex databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience writing concise, high-level summaries and briefs as well as longer technical research reports
- Proven ability to manage – and enjoy – multiple complex projects while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and a positive, go-getter attitude
- Independent worker and is an enjoyable, collaborative colleague who team members value
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Demonstrated expertise in digital learning, reading, and/or mathematics at the K-8 level
- Knowledge of educational measurement principles, including familiarity with psychometric concepts such as measurement error, validity, and reliability estimation and IRT
More about this role:
Location: Curriculum Associates is a socially responsible, rapidly growing educational company headquartered northwest of Boston, MA. This is a remote position which will work collaboratively with a team of other researchers, most of whom are also working remotely.
Starting date: ASAP
Less than 10% of total time. Travel for this position will likely include one semi-annual team meeting, one semi-annual technical advisory committee meeting, and travel to national conferences when proposals have been accepted.
Compensation & benefits:
Competitive salary with great benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance, employer contributed 401K.
A cover letter and writing sample from a research project you led is required for consideration.
At Curriculum Associates, we believe a diverse team leads to diversity in thinking, making our products better for teachers and students. If you read this job description, feel energized by what you see here, and believe you could bring passion and commitment to the role, but you aren’t sure you meet every qualification, please apply! Above all, we are looking for the right person!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!