Renewal Business Manager
Location: US-Remote (United States)
Job ID: 13823
Overview of Job Function:
The Renewal Business Manager position is part of the CES Team focusing on annual contract renewals. This role oversees the renewal process and tracks defined metrics for the assigned Partner and direct customers while meeting customer retention and bookings targets, maintaining key relationships both internally and externally.
Principal Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
- Protect and grow the renewal revenue by selling the value of maintenance, meeting targets while minimizing losses or reductions.
- Ensure quotes are sent at minimum 90 days in advance and work to secure all Renewals before current term expiration.
- Accurately track and forecast assigned region on a regular basis.
- Assist customers with any product discrepancies in their install base to include license reconciliations and audits.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships internally and externally.
- Manage escalations, and be able to understand and effectively. communicate company guidelines and procedures.
- Drive renewal revenue generation strategies.
- Track contract non-renewal including reasons for cancellation.
- Validate support entitlement for various departments when needed.
- Work closely with Sales on account strategies, any found issues or challenges, as well as keeping an AE aware if changes to an installed configuration are requested.
- Work with various departments performing pre/post renewal tasks such as report reconciliation, purchase order requests, support agreement or other document creation, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in software renewal services or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ of sales and negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of Oracle or ERP software products.
- Very detail oriented with strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills with an emphasis on problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbal) with internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize, prioritize activity and meet deadlines.
- Strong leadership and objection handling skills.
- Knowledge of the software industry and working with contracts.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, Outlook and in using CRM applications – e.g. Salesforce.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong passion for customer service
- Ability to understand and apply contractual terms and conditions.
- Must be motivated and goal oriented.
Successful completion of the background check process, including but not limited to employment, education, criminal convictions, OFAC, SS Verification and credit, where available and in accordance with federal and local regulations