Relationship Operations Manager (virtual position)-0050534_P0061866
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Note- This is a virtual role. The candidate can be located anywhere in US.
The Relationship Operations Manager (ROM) is the operational support arm of the DI organization and works in close contact with the customer and many internal DI departments. The ROM drives the operational relationship with a goal of ensuring that the daily needs of the Financial Institution (FI) are met with success and delight. This includes taking ownership of operational items and roadblocks the customer has navigating our internal departments.
The ROMs interact with the customers both proactively and reactively to address their operational needs. While we handle their operational needs, we also have a goal of anticipating what they will need in the future. We advocate for the customer internally but must always balance meeting the customer’s needs with the goals of the company. We have deep relationships with the customer as a result of the daily contact we have with their organizations.
Core skills include: Partnering with internal departments such as Operations, Product, Care, TS, RMs, EDS teams in service of addressing operational issues. We must possess a working knowledge of the product so we can speak confidently to our clients as we are addressing their needs. Deep customer empathy is a very important characteristic when working with our customers. We need to address a myriad of questions that come to us with different levels of complexity from both customers and internal sources, and be able to drive for the fastest resolution to ensure our customers’ happiness.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
Trusted Advisor for Operational Issues
- Establish and grow relationship as trusted advisor to the primary operational contacts within the Financial Institution. The ROM will focus on client success and manage the operations of the client
- Strategically advise and understand the operations of their customer
- Conduct recurring operations meetings with our National and Key level customers
- Advise internal departments of the customer’s operational strategy, as needed
- Establish credibility with customer
Drive and Own Resolution
- Conduct and own proactive regularly scheduled operational calls
- Own items through satisfactory resolution for the clients
- Drive processes while understanding cross-functional team goals
- Possess working knowledge of product offering
- Managing roadblocks to achieve customer goals.
- Anticipate needs with proactive tools that can drive customer behavior
- Facilitate escalations to the proper avenue
- Escalate and diagnose larger impact to our client base and take appropriate action
- Facilitate and own regularly scheduled meetings with internal teams; maintain issues list and current status through ROM tool
- Facilitate and run customer operations meetings
- Manage customer operational needs in relationship allowing RM to focus on Strategy, Sales and Retention.
- Field direct calls from internal departments on operational concerns: products, interface, billing, connectivity, security, etc.
- Direct and identify areas of opportunity where continuous improvement can be applied.
- Apply critical thinking skills; utilize appropriate resources within the company to solve issues
- Manage issues with a focus on global impact (solve once for many)
- Identify new business opportunities and escalate to relationship management team (RM)
General Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Manage customer expectation and effectively communicate the company position creating the best possible outcome. Actively seek opportunities to create “customer success”
- Develop multiple layers of relationships within the financial institution
- Establish rapport and know your audience, know how they define success
- Possess an understanding of customer’s business and their goals (one way would become familiar with the Opportunity Strategy)
- Frame the conversation internally and externally to level set expectation
- Advocate for the customer within Digital Insight – understanding and balancing needs of customer with the goals/direction of DI.
- Build strong internal collaboration – continually building strong relationships with internal partners (RM, Product, Customer Care, Implementations, Interfaces).
- Convey deep customer empathy both internally and externally
- Facilitate and drive customer collaboration
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
: Customer Svcs/Support Services
: North America-United States-California-Westlake Village
: Nov 28, 2016, 11:00:00 PM