Recruiter at Jackson Laboratory
Job Locations: US-ME-Bar Harbor | US-Remote
Job ID: 2020-27583
Category: HR, Legal, Safety, and Administrative
The Jackson Laboratory is growing and as a result, we have an opportunity for a temporaryRecruiter in our Talent Acquisition Team! In this position, you will source, screen and qualify candidates for many of our open positions from corporate functions, finance, administration, facilities, and operations. The right candidate will be self-motivated and have a strong drive to recruit independently and manage the full cycle of the recruitment process. We are looking for an experienced team member who is passionate about recruitment! This is a temporary, remote opportunity.
- Proactive talent pipeline development strategies
- Represent JAX professionally working with hiring managers and clients
- Meet established TA team goals and expectations
- Understand and fulfill business needs in filling job openings
- Learn & follow current JAX TA processes and policies consistently
- Provide thoughtful and thorough customer service for all candidates
- Work collaboratively with other TA and HR colleagues across JAX
- Maintain updated records within the ATS (Applicant Tracking System)
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years of previous TA/Recruitment experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of diversity, affirmative action and EEO concepts
- Knowledge of TA methods and techniques
- Knowledgte of Federal and State Employment Law
- Ability to navigate TA issues with successful outcomes
The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,300 employees. Headquartered in Bar Harbor, Maine, it has a National Cancer Institute-designated Cancer Center in Augusta, Maine, a genomic medicine institute in Farmington, Connecticut, and facilities in Ellsworth, Maine, Sacramento, California, and Shanghai, China. Its mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
The Jackson Laboratory’s 43-acre scenic Bar Harbor campus is nestled between the Gulf of Maine and the mountains of Acadia National Park. Some of the best hiking and biking in the world (over 50 square miles of mountains, lakes, views, and dramatic coastline) is accessible from our campus. We are one mile from downtown Bar Harbor, which offers a vibrant downtown district with a plethora of restaurants, shops, museums, and galleries.
JAX employees work in a collaborative, value-driven, and team-based environment where the focus is on advancing science and improving patients’ lives. Researchers apply genetics to increase the understanding of human disease and advance treatments and cures for cancer, neurological and immune disorders, diabetes, aging, and heart disease. JAX was voted among the top 15 “Best Places to Work in Academia” in the United States in a poll conducted by The Scientist magazine!
- INTEGRITY – Courage and commitment to do what is right
- PEOPLE – Inspiring our people to enhance the health of all
- ONE TEAM – Unified by our promise to transform medicine and science
- EXCELLENCE – Achieving world-class results
- INNOVATION – Leading with discovery and creative solutions
- STEWARDSHIP – Caring for and enhancing the resources entrusted to us
What do we have to offer?
JAX offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.
Most importantly, every position contributes to JAX’s mission of discovering precise genomic solutions for human disease and empowering the global biomedical community in our shared quest to improve human health.
Employment will require successful completion of references, background check, credit check, and an appropriate non-compete agreement.
The Jackson Laboratory provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!