Location: Home Based – Americas / Home Based EMEA
A Recruiter is required for Canonical, a fast-moving, international software company that delivers Ubuntu, an operating system for devices, desktops and cloud. Ubuntu underpins innovation from startups to giants, and Canonical shapes that platform and its possibilities for the global market.
Canonical is a small but global company that works in a largely distributed fashion, making us a unique window into the world of 21st century digital businesses. We require a Recruitment operation that is global in thinking while lean in execution – we have employees and contractors in more than 40 countries despite employing less than 1,000 people.
The Recruiter’s responsibility is to source our future employees and manage and coordinate an efficient, responsive, and compliant recruitment process and workflow. This role will deliver program plans that identify, attract, and recruit top international talent and provide the intellectual capital that Canonical needs to keep innovative and growing.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to generate candidate flow and attract top technical talent
- Build a steady pipeline of qualified candidates for multiple open positions through various channels: passive sourcing, employee referrals, networking, recruiting agencies, etc.
- Screen and qualify candidates for interest, availability, technical, and cultural fit to source top candidates
- Guide candidates through our hiring process to ensure an excellent candidate experience
- Support the full lifecycle recruiting process – Sourcing, recruiting, coordinating interviews, generating offers, new starter emails, and general support of the recruiting department
- Review and streamline internal processes, with a view toward ongoing improvement
- Assist with embedding our new ATS, recruitment processes, and workflow with the management team. Collaborate with team members to ensure consistent and repeatable operational process management
- Collaborate with team members to collate monthly recruitment figures and general reporting
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Be self-directed, organized, a problem solver, and have a strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize and meet goals and deadlines
- Familiar with full cycle recruiting processes, from coordinating interviews to negotiating offers, and willing to jump in wherever help is needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of experience with technical sourcing and/or working in the technology sector
- Proven track record sourcing and hiring passive candidates
- Great communication skills, work integrity, and honesty
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience liaising with stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Willingness to cold call and reach out to active and passive candidates
- Proven ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced changing work environment, managing time efficiently and provide insights into progress
- Working knowledge of ATS tools, sites and technologies (Greenhouse, LinkedIn Recruiter preferred)