Recruiter at American Cancer Society
Contract Recruiter – Remote #1022
Area of Interest: Human Resources
Position Type: Full-time
Alternate Posting Locations
Florida – Tampa
Virginia – Richmond
***This is a remote position which can be home-based anywhere in the U.S.***
- Passionate about attracting and engaging high performing talent who will successfully thrive in our mission-driven, people-first organization.
- Commitment to building and sustaining our diverse and inclusive workforce
- Creating an exceptional, engaging candidate experience that brings our organizational brand to life
- Deeply understand the business in order to provide talent that will meet the organizational needs of today and the future
- Use innovative recruitment strategies to market American Cancer Society as a best place to work
- Ongoing pursuit of excellence in the talent acquisition function, implementing new and innovative ideas and continuous process improvements
- Pipeline Building-
- Design and successfully deliver strategic roadmap to proactively develop robust external candidate pipelines for all key and critical roles
- Generate a continuous high-quality passive and active candidate pipeline through research, networking, social media, and effective outreach/advertising to meet the needs of the business
- Analyze data and external trends as well as understanding of the long-term business objectives to guide hiring strategies.
- Full lifecycle recruiting
- Lead the full life-cycle of recruitment including attracting, reviewing, interviewing, assessing and offer negotiations for multiple searches and businesses in the organization
- Deep understanding of how talent acquisition relates to talent management including succession planning, performance metrics and internal mobility
- Understanding skill needs in relation to the larger organization wide strategy. Uncovering traditional and non-traditional skill markets. Hiring for potential and understanding transferrable and adjacent experiences and skills
- Relationship Management
- Be a trusted advisor to leadership by educating, advising, and influencing on recruitment and market trends
- As brand ambassador, provide an extraordinary candidate experience. Keeping qualified candidates highly engaged with the brand for future opportunities
- Influence the candidates and hiring managers to arrive at accelerated hiring/acceptance decisions
- Employer Brand and Innovation
- Incorporate an innovative employment brand marketing strategy using social media and other techniques to differentiate the brand and engage candidates
- 5+ years of recruitment experience in a progressive corporation and/or agency
- Proven track record of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Exceptional skills at consulting, collaborating and influencing with business leaders using organizational insights and strong business acumen
- Strong negotiation skills to arrive at win/win solutions
- Demonstrated success in the development and deployment of effective and comprehensive recruiting solutions
- Demonstrated success in on target recruitment and proven ability to influence diversity representation of candidate pools and interview slates.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a highly change-oriented, fast pace environment.
- Strong problem solving ability
- Effective communications skills, written and verbal
- Process orientation
- Experience with applicant tracking or HRIS system
- Strong customer focus
- Knowledge of legal requirements associated with the recruiting rules and regulations (VISA’s EEO/OFCCP, etc)
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.