Recruiter at HappyCo
HappyCo (happy.co) builds mobile and cloud solutions to enable real-time property data. Its Happy Property flagship product suite has 2.7M units on its platform and has captured more than 270 million photos. The company was founded in 2011 and is privately held with employees located throughout North America and Australia.
We’re everyday people with a shared purpose — improving people’s lives. Our team is made up of thinkers, talkers, planners, makers, builders and everything in between. Together, we’re turning our passions into happier communities.
When customers use our software, their communities get stronger. Our tools empower everyone in multifamily property management to improve their operations and maximize returns, which means they’re building better experiences for their residents. When property people are happy, we’re happy. That’s why we’re HappyCo.
We’re looking for an experienced and creative full-time Recruiter to join our team.
As one of our first full-time in house recruiters, you’ll be expected to manage the entire recruitment life cycle for those roles assigned to you. Partnering closely with hiring managers, you’ll guide candidates through the hiring process, ensuring a positive candidate experience. You’ll also instruct the hiring team on the best hiring practices and maintain a consistent process throughout. You’ll be responsible for proactively sourcing diverse talent, maintaining robust pipelines, and promoting HappyCo’s brand. You’ll provide regular pipeline updates to stakeholders and will utilize analytics to draw insights on how to make our hiring process smarter, happier, and more efficient.
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment of candidates including sourcing, screening, scheduling, and hiring by identifying and utilizing creative sourcing strategies (such as the A Method) across all roles
- Develop an active network to create a diverse candidate pool across all relevant disciplines
- Positively influence and develop relationships with Hiring Managers; collaborate with Hiring Managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions
- Create a high standard candidate experience and coach leaders and interviewers on best recruitment practices
- Build and nurture a robust pipeline given projected hiring needs for the coming year; provide regular updates and reports on the candidate pipeline to various stakeholders
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the open role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization
- Collaborate with the hiring manager and/or other People Team staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies
- Drive the strategy for university recruiting
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years as a full lifecycle recruiter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great follow-through and follow-up practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- Extremely comfortable with ATS systems, ideally Lever, Greenhouse and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Positive, can-do attitude and a desire to stretch to new capabilities
- Passion for the candidate experience
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience in recruiting internationally a plus
- Property Management/Multifamily experience a plus
- Lever and/or Greenhouse experience a plus
- Familiarity with the A Method recruiting framework
Working at HappyCo:
HappyCo strives to build better communities. So naturally, we are dedicated to making our own community an enjoyable place that lets us do our best work. We’re devoted to building an inclusive, supportive culture that empowers each HappyCo’er to succeed and grow. To learn more about our culture, check out our Glassdoor page!
Also some of the added benefits you’ll experience while working at HappyCo are:
- Work from anywhere!
- Opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the PropTech industry
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited time off
- Monthly stipends to support Wellness and Home Office expenses
HappyCo is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!