Records Coordinator at Waldorf University
- Department: Registrar
- Reports to: Assistant Registrar
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Part-Time) or 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday and 10 AM to 3 PM on Friday (Part-Time)
- Location: Remote
- The records coordinator position is responsible for the accuracy and maintenance of all student records in compliance with State and Federal law, including FERPA, while providing reliable academic and policy-driven service to students, faculty, and staff.
- Researches policy to provide sound decisions and definitive judgments in keeping with standard record-keeping practices.
- Coordinates all administrative support to academic programs via student requests. Accountable for all official correspondence on behalf of the Registrar. Streamlined and efficient stewardship of University resources.
Essential Job Tasks
- Prepares student records for the admissions and readmissions committees.
- Process FESHE forms.
- Process incoming electronic transcripts.
- Process student requests for transcripts.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Academic Processes – Knowledge of university guidelines, course descriptions, and academic terminology.
- Clerical – Knowledge of office administrative procedures including word processing, managing files and records, typing, and other office procedures.
- Computer – Knowledge of basic computer processes including word processing, web browsing, and Microsoft Office including Basic Microsoft Excel.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Critical Thinking – Uses logic and reasoning to look at different types of information in order to make conclusions and work through problems.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Research – Locates key facts and information in order to learn more about different types of information.
- Interpersonal Skills – communicates and interacts with people effectively while being aware of social perceptions.
- Time Management – Manages one’s own time to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Attention to Detail – Thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task ensuring all aspects are reviewed.
- Written Comprehension -The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Selective Attention (Vigilance) – The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Requires a high school diploma and six months related experience and/or training is preferred.
- Office equipment including computers, telephones, printers, faxes, and copiers.
- Software used includes Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Blackboard, and internal database software.
- Reliable and secure internet is required for this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The position is remote and should have an established office with secure and reliable internet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!