Reading Tutor at Amplify Education
Reading Tutor (Contract)
- Part time
The Reading Tutor will play a critical role in supporting small groups of growing readers virtually, multiple times a week. Reporting to the Manager of Tutoring Services, the Tutor will use Amplify’s small group tutoring intervention program to deliver tutoring sessions virtually and monitor students’ progress.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, results-driven individual who enjoys working with young children and developing learning skills through game-like activities. The individual must provide consistent, outstanding support to students and be a strong communicator with parents and teachers. They will combine a capacity for technology and strong relationship-building skills.
Part-time and full-time positions available
- Provide direct, virtual tutoring services to small groups of students in grades Kindergarten through Third Grade, multiple times per week, throughout the school year
- Monitor progress of students’ reading ability virtually to determine if tutoring instruction is working or needs adjustments
- Prepare for virtual tutoring sessions based on provided small group lesson plans
- Implement feedback from program manager
- Communicate clearly and consistently with teachers and parents on student goals and achievements
- Attend synchronous or asynchronous bi-weekly tutor meetings with project manager
- Attend and engage during virtual training and onboarding
- Contribute to project-level feedback and reporting for internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent English speaker
- High School level proficiency with reading competencies
- Proficient with technology (GoogleMeet, Google Docs, online platforms)
- Enjoys working with Kindergarten through Third Grade students
- Available for assignments from 9 to 40 hours per week with reliable and consistent schedule throughout the school year
- Experience preparing and leading instructional activities or games with small groups of children (ideally virtually)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with parents, teachers, and program manage
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!