ReactJS Developer at komoot
Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and, with more than 14 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews – komoot is on its way to become one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps.
To help us make komoot.com the place to go for people around the world to plan their outdoor adventures, we’re looking for an ambitious ReactJS developer to join our fully remote team of 65 people.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Take over responsibility of all parts of our web app
- Develop innovative new features in collaboration with our team of backend developers, ReactJS developers, designers, copywriters, SEO, QA and product experts
- Optimize the core functionality and performance of our web app
Why you will love it
- You’ll tangibly enable millions of people to plan and experience authentic outdoor adventures
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, co – working space of your choice, our HQ in Potsdam or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll work on challenging tasks, such as complex maps or community features with rapid data updates
- You’ll be developing in fast cycles and releasing frequently with continuous build, testing and direct team feedback
- Your expert knowledge will make you a key player amongst a team of highly motivated, talented people
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
- You’ll build and improve a service that we’re pretty sure you’ll end up using for your personal outdoor trips
You will be successful in this position if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible and keen to learn and improve
- Love to develop awesome products for a great user experience
- Have 2+ years of professional experience in developing high quality ReactJS web apps
- Write highly reusable React components and know how to layout with CSS
- Know how to build scalable web apps with node.js and how to run them on cloud computing platforms like AWS
- Have experience with continuous integration, deployment and monitoring
- Are a great communicator in a diverse team
Sound like you?
We want to hear from you! Please send us the following:
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- Examples of your work (e.g. GitHub, PDFs, Slideshare, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!