React/Scala Engineer (Remote)
- City, State:
Washington, District Of Columbia
A software startup in DC is looking to hire a full stack engineer to develop new features for their main platform in React.js and Scala. They have an office in DC, but do allow their staff to work 100% remote.
The company has developed an effective process to gather pricing data and displaying it in an elegant and intuitive way that allows their clients to utilize the data to uncover economic trends, insights on consumer behavior, and other market indicators. In this role you would be building out key features on the insights analytics engine so their clients can get the most out of their data and implement best practices for their products.
They are financially stable, and with investor funding and the revenue they are generating they have more than three years of runway to keep the doors open. Tech wise they are utilizing React.js, d3.js, Scala, and AWS. They emphasize problem solving over hands-on ability with their tech stack, however, they do prefer engineers with functional programming experience over object oriented.
Along with base salary, there is significant equity, medical benefits, unlimited PTO, and company trips for quarterly meetings (previously locations have been Vail, Beaver Creek, Austin, and more).
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with React.js, Angular, Vue.js
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with functional programming
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with AWS or similar
- Experience with Scala
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Front End
- 50% Back End
- 70% Hands-on Coding
- 20% Architecture and Design
- 10% Sprint Planning and Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $100,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Full Medical Benefits (Health, Dental, Vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Flex Hours
- 100% Remote
- Company trips to fun locations
- Great work culture
- Ownership and low barriers to implement