Radiology Medical Coder at Change Healthcare
Radiology Medical Coder
job requisition id
Radiology Medical Coder
Overview of Position
The Medical Coder will abstract clinical information from a variety of radiology medical records and assigns appropriate ICD 10 CM and/or CPT codes to patient records according to established procedures. Analyzes, enters, and manipulates database. Knowledge in ICD-10 and CPT coding required.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- ICD-10 and CPT coding into a hospital system for Radiology
- Assigns appropriate ICD-10 or CPT codes to patient records
- Meet productivity standards Identify any issues or trends and bring them to the attention of management
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Highschool Diploma or Equivalent
- Professional Coding Certification (CPC, CCS or CCA)
- Minimum of 1 year of coding experience with ICD-10 and CPT-4
- 1 year Radiology Coding Experience
- Strong Knowledge of the Medical Coding Process
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Imagine Software experience highly preferred
- Ability to work independently in fast paced environment
- Organized and detail-oriented is critical
- Computer literate
- 10,000 alpha / numeric keying speed
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- Physical requirements include general office demands
- Full time Remote, Monday- Friday business hours
How much should I expect to travel?
- Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and we may require periodic testing for certain roles. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.