Quality Outcome Specialist
Position Title: Quality Outcomes Specialist
Department: Coding Quality
Reports to: Director of Quality
Coordinates with Fazzi Coding quality team audit assignments and agency quality-specific concerns. This person is involved with customer service, international and US based coding and audit teams. Provides appropriate feedback and guidance on audited records and agency requested reviews.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities
- Coordinates with Fazzi Quality team on a daily basis to prioritize audits.
- Coordinates with Fazzi Education to address coder trends in quality and training needs.
- Acts as a resource to coding staff and operational team, as needed.
- Interacts with customers, as appropriate.
- Provides feedback to Quality team regarding concerns over quality of coder reviews.
- Adheres to Coding Quality policies and procedures to ensure appropriate coding practices, regulatory and contractual compliance.
- Provides feedback to quality team on any issues/concerns encountered during the audit process.
- Prepares reports and communicates with Quality team to provide accurate audit data.
- Participates in agency audits measuring internal accuracy of coding and OASIS review.
- Participates in agency audits measuring accuracy of the client’s coding and OASIS review.
- Coordinate with Director of Coding Education to identify areas of opportunity for coder education.
- Ensure and promote confidentiality of agency and Fazzi Associates business and client proprietary, privileged information.
- Model extraordinary team spirit and the primary Fazzi Associates’ rule: Treat everyone – colleagues, clients, potential customers, etc. – like you want to be treated. It is an explicit norm of the firm that each staff person will go out of their way to help clients and their colleagues whenever possible.
- Participate in professional development by seeking new information and skills related to the position and generate new ideas and approaches that may help advance the services and programs of Fazzi Associates.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.
- Proficient skills in speaking, writing, and understanding English language
- Comprehensive understanding of the general and technical aspects of the job
- Solid knowledge of spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), presentation (Microsoft PowerPoint) and word processing (Microsoft Word) applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and interact with personnel within the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to identify and properly handle issues requiring expertise in making decisions
- Ability to work independently with efficient time management skills, adapt to changing priorities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to coach and train staff
- Ability to exercise initiative and judgment as well as make decisions within the scope of assigned authority
- Computer Proficiency:
- MS Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word); scheduling software technology
- 1-year experience as a home care coder
- Certified in ICD 10 coding and OASIS
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.