Quality Engineer at Ultimate Software
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Remote – US
Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer (Software Development Engineer in Test) to join our Performance Development team. Our high-performance team has a need for an additional white box testing Automation Engineer to increase our capacity to ensure our product delivery meets all requirements. In this role, you will join the other Quality Engineers working with Software Developers and Site Reliability Engineers to build, test, and deploy new product offerings.
Our teams are passionate about their work and contributing to our exciting digital transformation and growth plan for the entire organization. If you’re interested in being considered for this amazing opportunity, apply today!
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2020 and #2 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2020. Ultimate is also ranked #2 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #9 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list. Learn more about US here: www.ultimatesoftware.com/careers
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the Engineering team that designs, develops, implements, and maintains scalable web and mobile applications.
- Work together with the Product team to understand business requirements and use cases from which automated tests are developed.
- Develop automated tests for all user and business requirements.
- Proactively discover and address defects in products; provide trusted recommendations on improvements for development and testing solutions
- Perform root cause analysis for all defects.
- Track all defects and work efforts in our issue tracking system.
- Work with product and program teams to plan defect mitigation.
- Communicate issues and status updates in a timely manner to team.
- Produce and maintain test coverage reports for functional and automation coverage.
- 5-7 years’ experience with software development and QA methodologies
- Experience in an agile software development methodology or framework such as Kanban, Scrum, Test First Development
- Experience using automated testing tools such as JMeter, Postman
- Experience executing and analyzing Performance, Scalability, and Reliability testing
- Knowledge of contract testing, white box testing, testing automation, unit testing, regression testing
- Self-motivated team player with exceptional problem-solving skills
- Passion for finding and eliminating product defects
- Object-oriented languages such as Java/J2EE
- SQL/NoSQL Databases such as MySQL, MongoDB
- Demonstrated proficiency with developing, testing, and using web services, APIs, microservices
- Experience with containers and orchestration such as Docker, Kubernetes
Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering; equivalent experience accepted.
- Front-end technology experience
- Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of CQRS design pattern
- Knowledge of events-driven architecture
- Knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps practices
- Appium, TestRail
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for most of the day for a minimum of one hour at a time.
- Must be able to operate a computer for most of the day for a minimum of one hour at a time.
- Must be able to perform repetitive work on a computer for most of the day.
- Must be able to frequently use instant messaging apps like Slack Message and Google Chat to communicate accurately and clearly with individuals and teams.
- Must be able to frequently use video conferencing systems like Google Meet and Slack Call to meet virtually and communicate accurately and clearly with individuals and teams.
- Limited travel upon request (less than 5%)
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!