Quality Engineer at Ceros
Ceros is an experiential platform that empowers the creation of bespoke, immersive digital experiences without code. We’re passionate about helping companies transform their static digital content into engaging experiences. From custom microsites to immersive interactive webpages, you can build it with Ceros. Publish and update live content and instantly embed it into your site or social media platforms such as Pinterest or Snapchat. Join us and be part of the movement to enable everyone to create experiences that matter.
Our customers include some of the world’s leading brands, such as Mashable, Bloomberg, Red Bull, United Airlines, and AIG.
We are well-funded and institutionally-backed by prominent investors including Sumeru Equity Partners, Grotech Ventures, Greycroft, and Starvest Partners.
Designing and building the Ceros platform is no easy task. We require the best-of-the-best Software Engineers, Designers, and Quality Engineers, ready to bring the functionality of desktop software to the web, often pushing web browsers to the limits of what’s currently possible.
As part of the Ceros product team, you’ll be working with a small, cross-functional group of the most talented people you’ve ever worked with. We hire only passionate and creative people with a proven and unquestionable ability to execute, and every member of the team is equally responsible for moving the product forward. We find a way.
We have a very dynamic company culture that collaborates daily. We care deeply about the user experience, and we debate passionately about our ideas. When you work at Ceros, you check your ego at the door, and you aren’t afraid to be honest, especially to yourself. We take our jobs seriously but ourselves not so much — whether it’s cracking jokes in the chat room or poking fun at the CEO’s atrocious spelling.
Affectionately referred to internally as the “Day-Ruiners”, our Quality Engineers work hand in hand with developers, aiming to ensure releases are bug-free. Day to day responsibilities include writing automated tests, manually testing new features, creating and maintaining test-cases in TestRail, working with our support team to triage and document defects found in production, and assisting with releases.
- Work in a cross-functional team
- Help hold the team accountable for quality standards
- Execute manual tests when needed
- Write and execute automated tests when possible
- Help with continued development of automation framework
- Understand and exhibit scrum values
- Be an active participant in team meetings
- Have a knack for thinking through different approaches to testing
- Write test cases and bug reports when needed
Practical stuff we anticipate you having
- 2+ years experience manually testing with an agile software team
- 2+ years experience writing automated tests
- Comfortable with the linux command line
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and tooling
- Understanding of the different types of software testing
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience load testing web applications is a plus
- Experience testing web application security is a plus
- Experience testing a visual design application of some kind is a plus
What we’re looking for from the heart
- Passion, enthusiasm, energy, humor, and the ability to convey these through video, Slack, and email communications
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Curiosity; you seek out a wide breadth of information, feedback and input to guide decisions and balance intuition with research and a deep understanding of your surroundings
- A team-player mentality; you put your team first and are willing and able to do anything to help your team and your peers succeed
- Comfortability working in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- You have the superpower to think beyond existing conventions to solve unusual product design challenges, and the skill to know when to apply this strategically.
- You balance this with your expert knowledge of best practice design patterns, knowing when to leverage existing behaviors and frameworks.
- You can present and communicate complex ideas and their intricacies to different stakeholder groups.
- You thrive in agile environments. You enjoy working with developers and view them as your partners.
- You are driven by collectively doing the right thing for the product over competing individually to have your own ideas succeed.
Key Things to Know
- This is a 100% remote role but we are primarily in the U.S. Eastern time zone and prefer candidates who can have an overlapping work schedule with the rest of the team.
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation days
- Stock options
- Premium health insurance
- Excellent gear (15” Macbook Pro, iPad, external monitor, etc.)
- Paid parental leave
- Virtual experiences in which Cerosians can collaborate, educate, and create social connections with one another
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!