Title: QA – Test Engineer (MetaMask)
Location: New York, San Francisco, Remote
MetaMask empowers people to interact with the decentralized web by putting users in control of their account keys. As a fundamental piece of the Ethereum ecosystem with over 1.4 million downloads, testing and QA are essential to the project’s success.
We’re seeking an experienced QA & Testing Engineer to ensure the delivery of high-quality open-source software. You’ll develop scalable and reliable automated tests & tools for our mobile application. As MetaMask is an open-source project, you’ll also engage with community members to identify and triage issues in production. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented developer with a passion for building great software and improving the efficiency of our mobile engineering team.
Our team is remote-first with a timezone balance towards the US West Coast. You can be successful in this role from any location, and will require a high level of autonomy, adaptability, and humility. We are committed to fostering an open and inclusive environment that allows you to bring your whole self to work.
- Design, build, and maintain test coverage for our mobile apps that is robust and reliable.
- Engage with the community to diagnose issues, report bugs, and identify solutions.
- Work with the mobile development team to triage and prioritize issues for resolution.
- Be the advocate for testability, and drive best engineering practices
- Experience developing and maintaining an e2e test suite of a mobile app
- Experience with regression testing and releases of a production mobile applications
- Experience with the Detox Automation Framework for mobile apps
- Ability to work collaboratively with a remote team
- Ability to self-direct, lead with action, and thrive in environments of uncertainty
- Clear and empathetic communication in writing and in person
- Experience writing unit tests with React, Enzyme and Jest
- Experience with any CI platform like CircleCI, Travis, Bitrise, Jenkins, etc.
- Familiarity with web3 technologies and the Ethereum developer ecosystem
- Knowledge of blockchain fundamentals
- Experience with an open-source community