Boise, Idaho, United States
Full-time Allows remote
ClickFunnels is a company focused on changing the world by helping individuals and businesses get their message, products and services out to those they want to serve. We created an amazing software platform to make this process as simple and friendly as possible. We work hard to serve our customers at the highest possible level by providing the tools and knowledge they need to be successful. We believe that what we do matters and we are looking for people to help us in our cause.
With over 90,000 users, a growing internal team, and a passion for being the best we can be, we are looking for a QA Specialist to help us continue to grow and scale our business.
At ClickFunnels, QA Specialists are not only expected to be masters of the application, but knowledgeable in areas of the application that are brittle or fragile due to various reasons, such as technical debt, rapid prototyping, etc. Also, QA Specialists should have an understanding of how customers use the application, not just the “intended functionality.” QA Specialists are the final check on a code change before it goes live.
In this role you’ll make an impact by….
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the ClickFunnels application, including the mobile application, different programs offered by ClickFunnels, a general understanding of 3rd party integrations, and the use of our monitoring applications
- Manually testing every pull request to validate that the change made by the developer works as intended
- Performing positive/negative testing, where applicable, within every pull request
- Smoke testing every pull request in a review app/staging to check for regression
- Documenting issues discovered during feature sprints
- Prior to a feature being turned on for users, performing a full regression test on a subset of features to make sure it is ready for public consumption
- Performing ad-hoc exploratory testing of the application
- Providing feedback to Product Management, Developers, Design, and/or Security about any concerns discovered during testing
- Designing, developing and maintaining test cases and strategies to be added to the automated test software
- Participating in the post-mortem process for all large-scale incidents
- Assisting in the creation of standard operating procedures within the QA department
- Actively engaging in monthly team retrospective meetings (at both the product team and team discipline levels)
- Helping other teams/departments where applicable
We are looking for individuals with….
- 2 years experience with web application testing
- A firm understanding of testing concepts such as positive/negative and exploratory testing
- Familiarity with the product lifecycle and how each department within the Product Development organization contributes to the lifecycle
- Ability to think critically and problem-solve independently, but also work together as a team when necessary
We’ll see it a bonus if you also have….
- Experience using Heroku/GitHub
- Experience building test cases
Position can be remote, however hiring is limited to the following states in the United States.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
ClickFunnels is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.