Quality Assurance Specialist – Remote Contractor
Why should you join the GeekHive team?
GeekHive is actively seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist Contractor (on-site or remote) to participate in the agile software development process through the creation and execution of test plans and cases, manual and automated test scripts, and issue management.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it…
This position will be responsible for ensuring that our developers’ code meets organization standards and end-user requirements. This position will also be responsible for executing and documenting the testing of software/applications to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. This position will work closely with Project Managers and technical peers to identify project needs. This is currently a temporary/contract position.
- Work with multiple project teams in understanding requirements for new projects.
- Determine appropriate test strategy and approach based on business requirements and design specifications.
- Provide estimates for testing tasks and responsibilities.
- Document and evaluate test results, track and manage defects and troubleshoot issues.
- Clearly define applicable testing procedures and expectations with business and development teams.
- Must be able to support projects during regular business hours EST/EDT.
What we’re looking for from you:
Successful candidates will possess:
- Solid technical aptitude, proven analytical skills and a solid understanding of project quality.
- Knowledge of industry standards and methodology related to software quality assurance and testing.
- Proven experience with test planning, risk analysis, test design, test plan creation and execution to deliver large complex projects.
- Experience with test automation tools is desired.
- Experience with Web Accessibility testing and knowledge of standards is a major plus.
- Working knowledge of Sitecore is a major plus.
Successful employees will be:
- Team players willing to work hard to ensure the success of the team, the project and GeekHive.
- Detail-oriented with strong competency in task/time and scope management.
- Curious – problem solving will not be a chore, but a welcome exercise to strong candidates.
- Good communicator with the ability to conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely.
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This position is eligible for remote work, however, all remote staff must be based out of the continental US.