Quality Assurance Specialist
Are you ready to be a Geek?
Why should you join the GeekHive team?
GeekHive helps bring marketing and technology together to help our clients maximize the return on their marketing investments. We help them align their team, refine their strategies, and integrate their tools for the most effective customer engagement.
Your Mission, Should You Choose to Accept it
GeekHive is actively seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist. This role will participate in the agile software development process through the creation and execution of test plans and cases, manual and automated test scripts, and issue management.
The QA Specialist Role will be working with the QA Manager on high-profile projects to ensure that our developers’ code meets organization standards and end-user requirements.
In this role, you will be responsible for executing and documenting the testing of software/applications to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects. This position will also work closely with Project Managers and technical peers to identify project needs.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Work with multiple project teams in understanding requirements for new projects.
- Determine appropriate test strategy based on business requirements and design specifications.
- Provide estimates for testing tasks and responsibilities.
- Document and evaluate test results, track and manage defects and troubleshoot issues.
- Clearly define applicable testing procedures and expectations with business and development teams.
- Must be able to support multiple ongoing projects.
- Working knowledge of Sitecore is a major plus. Should have experience with Content Management Systems
- Experience with Web Accessibility testing and knowledge of standards is a major plus
- Solid knowledge of test automation and open source automation frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of Test Management/Defect Tracking tools
- Working knowledge of web development concepts
- Excellent communication skills, solid technical aptitude, proven analytical skills and a solid understanding of project quality.
- Knowledge of industry standards and methodology related to software quality assurance and testing.
Please note: we do not provide relocation assistance or work sponsorship. This position is eligible for remote work, however, all remote staff must be based out of the continental US.