Quality Assurance Reviewer at Corridor Group
This position provides the quality assurance function and performs quality assurance activities for the coding division to ensure the quality of coding services offered by the Corridor QA Team. Works collaboratively with the QA Manager and Team Lead to communicate identified issues.
The Quality Assurance Home Health Reviewer serves as an expert resource to staff in ICD-10 coding and OASIS review while also assuming responsibility for auditing clinical records to ensure compliance with regulatory and accrediting rules and regulations.
Job Location: Anywhere in the United States. This role is eligible for work-from-home status. The majority of current Corridor staff work remotely, from their homes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts audits on a predetermined percentage of completed reviews to monitor identify coding accuracy, completeness and quality of review conducted by contract and employed coders
- Works with onboarding new coding staff to ensure coding per department processes and procedures
- Communicates immediate and serious issues to QA Manager
- Identifies educational/training needs by coder and overall division
- Provides education and mentoring to coders with ICD-10 coding and OASIS reviews.
- Serves as a proactive member of the Corridor team in support of improving the performance of coding services.
- Maintains expert current knowledge of ICD-10 coding guidelines, OASIS assessments and regulations.
- Proactively identifies issues/concerns and requests assistance up-line as required.
- Establishes professional and positive work environments by modeling respect and dignity toward all employees and acknowledging the value of an individual’s effort and contributions.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission-Vision-Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous Home Care Coding experience required
Certificates and Licenses:
- Coding Credential (HCS-D or equivalent) required
- OASIS Credential (COS-C or equivalents) preferred
- ICD-10 Certification required
- A pre-employment coding proficiency assessment will be administered.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!