Quality Assurance Manager- IOSS
Job #: R-00014826
Category: Testing and Quality Assurance
Schedule (FT/PT): Full time
Travel Required: No
Potential for Telework: Yes
Clearance Required: Public Trust
Referral Eligibility: Ineligible
Leidos currently has an opening for a Quality Assurance Manager to work remotely from a home office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Infrastructure Operations Services Support (IOSS) mission. The mission of Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering results-oriented, secure, highly available and cost-effective information technology services. IO support helps to provide critical services focusing on consistent availability of Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for Veterans.
The Quality Assurance Manager must have experience in creating and implementing a detailed plan to ensure overall quality of all IT products, services and systems. They must have experience in resolving all project or program release problems and take corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve results. They must also have experience in assuring the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.
Key areas of responsibilities:
- Work with other Quality Assurance personnel to create the testing structure and test scripts (manual and automated)
- Coordinate UAT with Product Owners
- Determine the business functions that are most appropriate for test automation.
- Align testing priorities with the business needs
- Maintaining test scripts within the testing framework (both manual and automated)
- Promotes and trains on continuous testing/ agile test strategies and DevOps
- Designing test strategies, test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications for testing across different platforms (mobile, IoT, cloud) and with an emphasis on automation
- Define, develop and implement software/systems testing standards and procedures and oversee testing across SDLC.
- Collaborate with team members to refine the product backlog items
- Executing and reporting security tests.
- Identifying regression test candidates for automation, planning automation activities across the team and automating test cases.
- Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own and team progress.
- Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders.
The Quality Assurance Manager (Queue Manager) must have experience in managing a ticket queue and evaluating overall quality of ticket management policies and procedures for the Service Management Office. They must have experience in resolving ticketing issues and take corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve results. They must also have experience in streamlining ticketing processes and policies.
- QA of the ticket lifecycle management process
- Snow ticket lookup, follow-up, data manipulation
- QA of process
- QA of workflow
- QA of actual vs process and policy
- ServiceNow experience, reports, data mining, dashboards
- Process documentation creation and audit
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific/technical discipline is required with 10 years of professional experience. 8 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Demonstrated ability to create automated test scripts and/or 5 years’ experience testing ServiceNow deployments (i.e. testing of modules such as Problem or Change Management)
- At least 5 years of experience performing as a software tester
- Experience testing ServiceNow modules
- Ability to perform different types of testing such as manual, automated, smoke, and regression testing.
- Strong understanding of SDLC and best practices for quality assurance testing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with performance and load testing
- Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
- Strong qualitative skills
Service Now certification Is preferred.
Service Now Automated Testing Framework experience is a plus
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.