Quality Assurance Engineer Lead
Gun.io was borne to connect talented FOSS technologists with discerning and quality-focused software companies. Today, our ambitions are much greater. We’re creating a new framework for all knowledge work.
Maybe Monday-Friday, 9-5 fits for manufacturing. It doesn’t compute for knowledge work where the best solutions-focused problem-solving gets done outside the office.
This freedom comes at a price: you must master yourself and your craft.
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing company with a start-up focus and ambitions to create great products? A company that has grown 400% over 4 years? Then we may have role for you!
We offer you a chance to be part of a truly amazing journey in a company that sets very high targets and works hard to over achieve. You will be able to work with smart, engaged co-workers from all over the world. You will have a tangible impact on the way that our client operates and expand their business.
The team is looking for you who are passionate, hard-working, and talented Quality Assurance Engineer Lead to use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products. You write scripts to automate testing and create tools so developers can test their own code.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that the team can develop and release faster with higher quality to its millions of customers across the world. Our solutions must not only scale to support millions of unique visitors a month from every continent on the planet, they must also handle rapid change and experimentation in a sustainable fashion.
- You will be responsible for creating and driving processes to develop comprehensive testing strategies for web and mobile applications. You will define and execute manual and automated tests to constantly improve test coverage and test effectiveness. You will lead developing of test automation on mobile test harnesses and deliver scalable QA processes and strategies across multiple products.
What’s the process?
- Candidates who pass initial screening (Gun.io checks your credentials, interviews you several times, and checks your references) will be given an opportunity to interview directly with Gun.io’s client for the position, which promises to offer a stable and rewarding contractor experience that could last for years. Our client says specifically, “We have worked with some of our consultants for 10 years. We just want to create a team of the best people.”
- Open to worldwide candidates, understanding that the client works Oslo, Norway (GMT+2) time 8-5 with presence on Slack/Skype. The client is willing to work around time zones in order to consider the best worldwide talent. 40 hours per week commitment.
Duration / Start etc:
- You can start as soon as you pass the process; that’s immediate full-time contractor income — totally remote. Our client says, “We have large ongoing and upcoming projects the new team member can join immediately.”
Who you are:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading automated QA effort on large-scale software projects
- You have practical experience in both manual and automated testing of WEB, iOS and Android applications
- You have deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- You love building high quality products
- You exhibit practical curiosity; devising and implementing innovative solutions to technical roadblocks
- You have an interest and ability to learn and apply new technologies as needed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
Please note: We truly appreciate all candidates whom apply, but due to a high volume of applications we are unable to respond personally to all inquiries.
All successful candidates can expect to be contacted within a few weeks. Thanks for your interest in Gun.io – we hope you continue to apply to future opportunities!
By now, you know our reputation on HackerNews, Reddit, and other spots for taking care of our community. Join up and get serious about becoming a Professional Freelancer.
- “One of the best teams I’ve ever worked with.”
- “There’s visible, constant improvement; it’s not just lip service.”
- “You guys paid for my Jeep Wrangler.”
- “Working with Gun.io has, for the first time, allowed me to fit work into my life instead of life into my work.”