Quality Assurance Engineer at The Block
Quality Assurance Engineer (lvl II)
- REMOTE WITHIN UNITED STATES
- PRODUCT & ENGINEERING
Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block’s team is spread across 7 timezones, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
The Block delivers deep insight into how the emerging digital assets sector interacts with traditional finance, technology, governments, and markets. We reach hundreds of thousands of technologists, financial market participants, Fortune 500 professionals, global service providers, policymakers, and more through our main website, dedicated Research Portal, podcast, and events.
You will be responsible for maintaining existing tests, developing new automated tests as our products evolve and requirements change, manual testing of features and bug fixes, confirming bugs reported by our team and our users, supporting the team and users with understanding our technology and contributing to our daily technical operations.
An effective Quality Assurance Engineer should be able effectively communicate with the team and develop solutions for both unit and end-to-end tests. The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and development of both unit and end-to-end tests for products you are a part of.
- Collaborate with our engineers, researchers, executives, and designers to develop new automated tests and prioritize confirming bug fixes for our products.
- Collaborate with our Infrastructure team to develop and clearly communicate testing and deployment strategies across the Product & Engineering team.
- Be creative in solving engineering problems.
- Work with team managers on development prioritization and career development opportunities.
- Contribute to the culture of quality, healthy collaboration and leading by example.
- Strong knowledge of unit test development best practices and organization.
- Deep technical skill with testing frameworks (PHPUnit, Cypress, Mocha, Chai, AVA).
- Experience with git in a collaborative environment such as Github.
- Responds positively when receiving and giving feedback.
- Experience using code reviews and pair programming within the Agile Development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of common software design patterns and responsive web frameworks.
- 5 or more years experience as a professional quality assurance engineer.
GOOD TO HAVE
- Experience with digital assets, crypto, and blockchain technologies.
- Strong familiarity with integrating both unit and end-to-end tests in a CI/CD environment.
- Strong familiarity with Unix / Linux operating systems and general command-line knowledge.
- Experience using ChromeDriver for automated testing or other purposes.
- Experience using end-to-end browser testing tools like WebDriver and BrowserStack.
- Familiarity with component libraries like Storybook.
- Experience using development environments like Docker, Vagrant, or Virtual Box.
- Expertise in web analytics and content performance measurements solutions
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!