Quality Assurance Engineer at ConsenSys
Title: QA Engineer
- Location: Remote
ConsenSys is the leading blockchain software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and decentralized finance activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow.
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves over 1,000,000 monthly active users as a decentralized application development platform, an aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager. Meanwhile, we are building towards a future where MetaMask serves as an extensible, pluggable platform upon which an immensely wide array of decentralized networks, services and user experiences can be built.
Our team is growing and we are looking for new teammates to help build the present and future of MetaMask. We are hiring a QA Engineer to help ensure the quality, stability, and security of the most widely used access point to the decentralized web. You will support the building of MetaMask via writing automated and manual tests, involvement in debugging and leadership of release-by-release regression testing.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a QA engineer who will:
- Quickly become deeply familiar with MetaMask and its many features and use cases
- Perform features analysis to create detailed test plans and test cases.
- Perform testing, triage test failures and report bugs.
- Write automated end-to-end tests
- Be a voice for quality, stability, and security in our product development and release processes
- Proactively contribute to team discussions about UX design, technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
- Be proficient and thoughtful with asynchronous and synchronous communication, giving and receiving feedback, and working independently and with a team
- Support their teammates’ performance and growth
- Be successful working within a fully remote environment
- Bring respect, patience, and empathy to every interaction and relationship with coworkers and the community
- Bring hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping bug free software to their work
Successful candidates will be proficient, or be able to quickly become proficient, in the following areas:
- functional and regression testing
- establishing QA processes and practices
- pull request review from a QA perspective
- debugging a NodeJs and ReactJS codebase
- writing automated tests with technologies such as selenium, WebDriver, Mocha, Jest, playwrite, Cypress, or PhantomJS.
- contributing to CI/CD processes
- Hands on testing of web sites and API endpoints
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!